PDA

View Full Version : Mushrooms fungi

Len Couey
09-29-2009, 01:27 PM
Took this picture during a inspection think this hardboard was wet was on a mfg home
Len Couey

Scott Patterson
09-29-2009, 01:49 PM
Those are great in a stir-fry!

wayne soper
09-29-2009, 02:06 PM
You sure we are not all halllucinating:D

Raymond Wand
09-29-2009, 02:07 PM
More importantly how extensive has the rot extended into the framing?

Len Couey
09-29-2009, 02:15 PM
Could not tell how much penetration but informed the buyer that a more intrusive inspection was warrented

Rick Hurst
09-29-2009, 03:13 PM
Len,

There is no need to dance around the issue and tell the client they need to have a more intrusive evaluation or inspection.

What are they going to find? Nothing but more wood decay.

What they need is for that damaged siding to be removed and replaced. Not patched, but removed and replaced.

JMHO

rick

Billy Stephens
09-29-2009, 04:04 PM
Len,

There is no need to dance around the issue and tell the client they need to have a more intrusive evaluation or inspection.

What are they going to find? Nothing but more wood decay.

What they need is for that damaged siding to be removed and replaced. Not patched, but removed and replaced.

JMHO

rick

Rick,

I think Raymond's concern was about the Structural Framing being damaged and in need of replacement as well.

with

Len advising the cladding be removed. ;)

Len Couey
09-29-2009, 05:03 PM
Rick, you being a TREC inspector you know that to predict the future or guess about the past is not a good deal. I only informed the client about what I observed with out doing damage or telling him what to do about the problem.
Len C

Billy Stephens
09-29-2009, 05:19 PM
Rick,

I think Raymond's concern was about the Structural Framing being damaged and in need of replacement as well.

with

Len advising the cladding be removed. ;)

Rick, you being a TREC inspector you know that to predict the future or guess about the past is not a good deal. I only informed the client about what I observed with out doing damage or telling him what to do about the problem.
Len C

Guess Not. :confused:

Rick Hurst
09-29-2009, 05:20 PM
Len,

My point is why is there a need to further investigate the damages on the siding? You inspected it, found it damaged.

Why do they need a more intrusive inspection only to determine that the siding is damaged.

Personally, I would state that damaged siding was noted at such and such location and recommend it be replaced.

But hey, we're all different and that whats makes it an interesting world right?

rick