PDA

View Full Version : Hello From Michigan

Michael Harden
10-02-2009, 06:02 PM
Hello Everyone,

My name is Michael, I am from southeast Michigan (Metro Detroit) and have been enjoying this site over the last few weeks. What a wealth of information and tips, along with quite a collection of professional people. I have been sitting on the sidelines for a while and now it's time to jump into the game.

I am a licensed builder/remodeler full time, but have been doing home inspections for several years for local banks and realtors, more as a "favor" than anything else. I am considering taking it to the next level as a couple clients have been telling me how disappointed they are with their current inspector and want me to consider working with them more often.

I look forward to spending more time on this board, and getting to know everyone.

Steven Stafford
10-06-2009, 04:23 PM
Greetings Michael, it is my honor to be the first of the members of this group to welcome you.
I am also a "new" to the business. Not much different tham you. I have been in the construction field for 20+, that last year spent doing mold inspections and mold remediation as an employee of a GC.
In Jersey you need accredited training and a licence before you can offer Home Inspections. I am in the process to obtain mine now.
Good luck to you.

Michael Harden
10-06-2009, 07:19 PM
Thanks for the welcome Steven,

Right now Michigan does not require any type of licensing at all. Print up some business cards, buy a flashlight, and your a home inspector. I want to stay ahead of the game and get the proper CE training and certifications so that when Michigan does require licensing, I will be ready.

Good luck to you as well and hope to see you around the boards.

Mike