PDA

View Full Version : Non-Political Statement

John Arnold
10-12-2009, 01:31 PM
GO PHILLIES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rick Cantrell
10-12-2009, 04:34 PM
Thats just great, Politics, Religion, and now Sports.

Bruce Breedlove
10-12-2009, 04:45 PM
Go Rockies!

Not only are they battling the Phillies, they have to endure exceptionally poor umpiring that seems to only go against them.

John Arnold
10-12-2009, 05:06 PM
...they have to endure exceptionally poor umpiring that seems to only go against them.

Cry baby.

Bruce Breedlove
10-12-2009, 05:25 PM
Cry baby.

I don't think so. This umpiring crew is terrible. Their blown calls have not been as egregious as Phil Cuzzi's incredibly bad call that cost the Twins a game but you have to admit that TWO bad calls on one play last night handed the Phillies a victory.

In the 9th inning of Game 3 with Rollins on 2nd and one out Utley drilled a ball into the ground and the ball clearly ran up his leg before heading into fair territory. But Home Plate Umpire Jerry Meals did not call the ball foul (as he later admitted he should have done). That is blown call #1. Utley also admitted the ball hit him. So Utley ran to 1st and was called safe by Ron Kulpa who said Todd Helton's foot came off the bag while replays clearly show he kept his foot on the bag. That is blown call #2 on one play. Meanwhile Rollins advanced to 3rd base and there was still only 1 out (when there should have been two outs). Howard came up to bat and lifted a sac fly to score Rollins. That was the difference in the game.

I would REALLY like these games to be determined by the actions of the players, not the mistakes of terrible umpiring crews.

Darren Miller
10-13-2009, 07:55 AM
Don't get too mad when those Yankees crush the Phils in the W. S. and the mighty Giants beat everyone to win the Super-Bowl.

Ah; it's good to be a NY sports fan!

Matt Fellman
10-13-2009, 10:21 AM
Ah; it's good to be a NY sports fan!

One word..... Knicks

Sorry, couldn't resist :)

Darren Miller
10-14-2009, 08:31 AM
The Knicks are one of the worse franchises is sports. Right now, probably only the Oakland Raiders are worse.

But hey, that's what happens when a little rich idiot who owns Cablevision buys teams (yes, he even owns the Rangers) for toys.

It's a good thing I'm not a basketball or Hockey fan.

mathew stouffer
10-14-2009, 08:57 AM
I want in on this. GO STEELERS AND GO PENN STATE!!!!!

Ron Bibler
10-14-2009, 09:10 AM
I Think Rush was looking at buying the LA RAMS...

Best

Ron

mathew stouffer
10-14-2009, 09:14 AM
How can it hurt, they are terrible now;)