PDA

View Full Version : Wonder where the Mommy and Daddy are

Len Couey
10-26-2009, 08:48 AM
Thought this might bring a smile, Pier and Beam home, opened the crawl space door and lo and behold there was well over 1000 1 gal clorox bottles under the home. There was leaks in the piping and was being caught by buckets, I guess for transfer to more bottles.
Looks like a large clorox nest with a few odd balls thrown in for diversity.

Len C:D :D

Forgot to add Picture

Len Couey
10-26-2009, 08:52 AM
Here is picture from earlier Post

mathew stouffer
10-26-2009, 09:28 AM
What the f@%k. I think that is a classic case of pack rat syndrome.

Ted Menelly
10-26-2009, 12:18 PM
Drug and bomb making equipment. Are you sure they were all empty?????

Len Couey
10-26-2009, 12:26 PM
They were f ull of water, people were from mexico and were afraid that they might run out.

LC

imported_John Smith
10-26-2009, 03:24 PM
I remember when I was growing up in a cold climate (yes one that actually had snow and in "Yankeeland" as my Texas guys refer to). The owners of the house were asking all of us kids to give them our old plastic milk jugs. They were filling them with water and putting them under the front enclosed porch of the house to provide "heat". Maybe something they read in Mother Earth news. Dont know if it actually made any difference though.

Bruce Ramsey
10-26-2009, 08:09 PM
During the Y2K scare many people stored water. A teaspoon of bleach per gallon kills the nasties and keeps the water from "going bad". There was a rumor going around that milk jugs deteriorate and were not the best choice. Another rumor was plastic jugs stored on concrete will deteiorate due to the acidity of the concrete causing milk jugs to leak.

Storing water in opaque containers away from light discourages growth of nasties. Looks like the sellers were storing water in opaque containers out of sunlight and hoping the residual bleach in the container treated the water.

Nick Ostrowski
10-27-2009, 06:02 AM
FREAKS!!!!!!

Rick Hurst
10-27-2009, 09:05 AM
I'm a little slow this morning but I'm wondering what does, "Wonder where Mommy and Daddy are" have to do with the bottles under the house?

Or does it mean Mommy and Daddy are busy under the house? Maybe thats the ticket.

Or maybe mommy and daddy are getting busy somewhere else like in the attic now.;)

rick

Len Couey
10-27-2009, 09:38 AM
Rick, just making a joke about all the bottles being a nest and wondering what is going to hatch

Len C