PDA

View Full Version : Horizontal Drip

A.D. Miller
11-07-2009, 11:33 AM
No, I don't mean a Republican in the supine position, but is this horizontal sediment trap OK?

Gunnar Alquist
11-07-2009, 12:16 PM
No, I don't mean a Republican in the supine position, but is this horizontal sediment trap OK?

AD,

It would be if it was vertical and attached to the appliance. The short answer is no.

A.D. Miller
11-07-2009, 12:54 PM
AD,

It would be if it was vertical and attached to the appliance. The short answer is no.

GA: Thanks. That's what I thought.

imported_John Smith
11-07-2009, 12:57 PM
Why worry about it. None of us will have to work when BO is finished with the redistribution of wealth comrade.

We can just stay home and the government will send us checks. Oh wait, they are already doing that.

John Kogel
11-07-2009, 01:46 PM
No, I don't mean a Republican in the supine position, but is this horizontal sediment trap OK?Are you sure you were vertical when you took that shot?:)

It is scary to see that there are gas installers out there who don't really know what they are installing.:confused:

Matt Fellman
11-07-2009, 07:31 PM
It is scary to see that there are gas installers out there who don't really know what they are installing.:confused:

Just last week I talked to an "electrician" (installer) who had no idea how a GFCI actually worked. I said something about it turning off if a groud fault occurs and he looked at me like I was speaking Chinese. He said something about just knowing where he's supposed to put them and doesn't think about it other than that.

These days there are two distinct groups of tradesmen - Installers and Servicemen. The installers just know where to put it and 'generally' how to put it in. Servicemen or true tradesmen actually understand how it works. Unfortunately, true tradesmen are too expensive and nobody's willing to pay them what they're worth.

Jerry Peck
11-07-2009, 07:38 PM
is this horizontal sediment trap OK?

The short answer is no.

The long answer is also ... "No." ... unless you wanted an explanation of "No.". :D

A.D. Miller
11-08-2009, 09:37 AM
The long answer is also ... "No." ... unless you wanted an explanation of "No.". :D

JP: No, I think I know what you mean by no. Thanks.:D

A.D. Miller
11-08-2009, 09:55 AM
[quote=John Kogel;107896]Are you sure you were vertical when you took that shot?:)

JK: I was either vertical or the gallon of lacquer thinner depicted was high and oblique.

MaMa Mount
11-08-2009, 10:32 AM
I'm not a rocket scientist but I have never seen anything drip horizontally.:)

The soon to be wedded,
MaMa Mount