PDA

View Full Version : Help

Scott Murdock
11-10-2009, 10:36 PM
I don't see where this panel is bonded. I know you guys will set me straight. It is a AC subpanel.

wayne soper
11-10-2009, 10:39 PM
what is green and is found in a panel?:D

Brandon Whitmore
11-10-2009, 11:51 PM
What Wayne said. It does look like you're missing a wire clamp though.

ken horak
11-11-2009, 05:30 AM
Your bond is right in front of you - the grounding conductors .
You are missing the proper Cable connector and the reidentifying of the white conductor to indicate it is a phase conductor as oppossed to a neutral conductor.
I am basing this on your saying it's an AC subpanel, which I assume you are talking about a 240 volt disconnect for an Air Conditioning unit

Jerry Peck
11-11-2009, 05:16 PM
I don't see where this panel is bonded. I know you guys will set me straight. It is a AC subpanel.

Scott,

First things first ... :)

That is on a house and not a submarine, therefore it is not a subpanel but simply a panel. :D

Secondly, that is a 240 volt circuit which does not need a neutral, however, the white conductor is not permanently re-identified as is required when white conductors are used as hot conductors.

The enclosure is grounded by the attachment of the ground.

The NM cable is required to be in a clamp.

Scott Murdock
11-11-2009, 06:17 PM
Scott,

First things first ... :)

That is on a house and not a submarine, therefore it is not a subpanel but simply a panel. :D

Secondly, that is a 240 volt circuit which does not need a neutral, however, the white conductor is not permanently re-identified as is required when white conductors are used as hot conductors.

The enclosure is grounded by the attachment of the ground.

The NM cable is required to be in a clamp.

Thank you Jerry. That is what I was looking for.:)