PDA

View Full Version : inspector for lenders in illinois

soloon mesfi
11-29-2009, 09:02 AM
I have worked as an inspector primarily for lenders in illinois until Jan. 2009. Since then I have started my own architectural and construction consulting firm. Things have been very tough to say the list. Primarily I am targeting the lenders that I worked with during my last employment. I am looking to get some suggestions on how to market better and if there are any members in a similiar type of insepctions?

Your input is greatly appreciated.

Ron Bibler
11-29-2009, 09:21 AM
Just is the inspection service you provide?

I have always wondered why Lenders and insurance Co. never had inspection info on the home they were covering. They just insure and lend money on homes they no nothing about:eek: Some FHA lenders in Calif... Require a clear termite inspection report

Best

Ron

chris mcintyre
11-29-2009, 12:05 PM
Just is the inspection service you provide?

I have always wondered why Lenders and insurance Co. never had inspection info on the home they were covering. They just insure and lend money on homes they no nothing about:eek: Some FHA lenders in Calif... Require a clear termite inspection report

Best

Ron

Ron,

Around here, unless you are paying cash, a CL-100 is required.

The insurance Co. seem to be pretty thorough on older homes before they will write a policy, but I know a couple of agents that do the "inspection" for new homes.

Soloon,

I can't help you, but I can say that any construction related business is tough right now. Good Luck. :)

Hunter Hoffman
12-04-2009, 06:16 AM
Ron,

Around here, unless you are paying cash, a CL-100 is required.

The insurance Co. seem to be pretty thorough on older homes before they will write a policy, but I know a couple of agents that do the "inspection" for new homes.

Soloon,

I can't help you, but I can say that any construction related business is tough right now. Good Luck. :)
What is a cl-100?

Ron Bibler
12-04-2009, 06:20 AM
What is a cl-100?

I think its a (contractors License)

Best

Ron

Hunter Hoffman
12-04-2009, 06:22 AM
Hi Rn just getting started here in WV I hadn't heard of that CL-10 thing.

Bruce Ramsey
12-04-2009, 09:53 AM
Google says a CL-100 is a wood infestation report in South Carolina.

Hunter Hoffman
12-04-2009, 11:51 AM
Ok, thank you!

chris mcintyre
12-04-2009, 06:44 PM
Sorry, I didn't realize that CL-100 was just a South Carolina thing.

But, yes, it is a termite inspection letter (not a report because it is a standard one page letter). The CL stand for "clear letter", I can't remember exactly what the 100 is for.

chris mcintyre
12-04-2009, 06:53 PM
Here is a link to a sample CL-100 if anybody is interested.

http://www.wdifx.com/software/sample/South-Carolina-CL-100-WDO-termite-inspection-form-report.pdf

The county I live in only uses the one page (front and back), no attachments.

Michael Carson
12-05-2009, 09:48 PM
Here is a link to a sample CL-100 if anybody is interested.

http://www.wdifx.com/software/sample/South-Carolina-CL-100-WDO-termite-inspection-form-report.pdf

The county I live in only uses the one page (front and back), no attachments.

Wow, are those termite tubes? Don't see many of those up here:rolleyes: