PDA

View Full Version : copper loop, what is this?

cory wright
12-07-2009, 07:11 PM
Does anyone know the reason for this? maybe a home made watter hammer? this is the water main and it loops up prior to entering the house.

Jim Luttrall
12-07-2009, 07:17 PM
My guess is for water treatment installation.

Vern Heiler
12-07-2009, 07:19 PM
Does anyone know the reason for this? maybe a home made watter hammer? this is the water main and it loops up prior to entering the house.

Holes in the wall suggest there may have been some type of fountain or other water decoration in the past.

Jerry Peck
12-07-2009, 07:36 PM
My guess is for water treatment installation.

Yep, prepped for the installation of water treatment equipment, then the water treatment equipment was never installed.

Rick Cantrell
12-07-2009, 07:47 PM
"appears to be a sunroom or something"

I'll go with "or something" if that includes outside.
See the tree on the left, and what looks like the back patio.

cory wright
12-07-2009, 07:56 PM
the backflow feeds the sprinkler system, the high copper loop isn't protected by the backflow system. the main comes up directly below the hose bib then T's out to feed the backflow/sprinkler system.
this is on the side of the house (outside) next to the back patio. the holes in the wall look like there used to be a support bracket securing the copper pipe to the wall.

thanks for the help guys. i think previous water system or preperation for a future water system is most likely, just wondering if you guys might have a better guess/answer.
Jerry, do you ever leave your computer? you always answer so quickly... which is appreciated, by the way.

thnaks again fellas

Mike Wakefield
12-08-2009, 04:07 PM
This may have been a feed for a swamp cooler, that was not installed in favor of AC.

Charles Guinn
12-08-2009, 04:14 PM
Looks like a water softener loop, but I don't understand its location. Can somebody tell me how to start a new thread on this board. Maybe I just can't see the right button to push!?? Thanks

chris mcintyre
12-08-2009, 04:26 PM
Looks like a water softener loop, but I don't understand its location. Can somebody tell me how to start a new thread on this board. Maybe I just can't see the right button to push!?? Thanks

Click on the category in which you want to start the thread, there you will see at the top of the page a button switching between "post" & "new thread" click on it, and away you go :) .