PDA

View Full Version : The wrong house

Ron Bibler
12-14-2009, 04:49 AM
3:28 AM Just got up to let Chewy the little yorkie out... Walking by the kitchen what do i see ants:eek: The little suckers are all over the place...
Had a few days of rain and very cold weather... So out to the truck I go mix up a load of DEMAND and hit the kitchen... Walls & baseboards... This will hold them off for the next year or so. Its like we do this every year and they keep coming back for more:eek:

FYI... If you ever get ants try to get your hands on some DEMAND... This is the best stuff I have ever come across.

I do miss the old days with Cold cress C100 ( Chlordane ) That stuff kick some buts...:D

Best

Ron

A.D. Miller
12-14-2009, 04:59 AM
3:28 AM Just got up to let Chewy the little yorkie out... Walking by the kitchen what do i see ants:eek: The little suckers are all over the place...
Had a few days of rain and very cold weather... So out to the truck I go mix up a load of DEMAND and hit the kitchen... Walls & baseboards... This will hold them off for the next year or so. Its like we do this every year and they keep coming back for more:eek:

FYI... If you ever get ants try to get your hands on some DEMAND... This is the best stuff I have ever come across.

I do miss the old days with Cold cress C100 ( Chlordane ) That stuff kick some buts...:D

Best

Ron

RB: Chemical boy, your lack of IPM is appalling.:D

Rick Hurst
12-14-2009, 08:40 AM
Ron,

Are you one of those "baseboard jockeys"?

I prefer the Demon WP over the Demand.

The tail I grew using the Chlordane is just now starting to slowing shrink away.:D

rick

Vern Heiler
12-14-2009, 12:28 PM
Homes built in the 50's and 60's... no ants, spiders, drill holes, I always assume Chlordane. That stuff was so good they had to take it off the market!

Scott Patterson
12-14-2009, 12:54 PM
Chlordane is great stuff, you can still pick it up South of the board so I have been told! ;)

We use to mix it with the paint we used on the barns and fences at my in-laws ranch near Bellville, TX. They had wood boards and poles that had been in contact with the ground that were 15-20 years old! Not a bug in any of them!

Billy Stephens
12-14-2009, 01:30 PM
We use to mix it with the paint we used on the barns and fences at my in-laws ranch near Bellville, TX.
They had wood boards and poles that had been in contact with the ground that were 15-20 years old! Not a bug in any of them!
Same goes for Lead Based Paint.

Rick Hurst
12-14-2009, 01:48 PM
Scott,

They have been smuggling it into Texas here in vanilla bottles ever since it was banned.

Getting caught with Chlordane now is about the same as if you had cocaine or herion.

rick

John Kogel
12-14-2009, 04:48 PM
Scott,

They have been smuggling it into Texas here in vanilla bottles ever since it was banned.

Getting caught with Chlordane now is about the same as if you had cocaine or herion.

rickTsk, tsk, and we wonder were the honey bees went.:D

Ron Bibler
12-14-2009, 05:50 PM
I never went for the BS That was put out on C100... The stuff was $ 25 a gal. Now the same type of product is $ 200... Just go with the money:D

BY BY C100 Hello Dursban TC.

Rick Hurst
12-14-2009, 07:44 PM
John,

Actually the honey bees are doing quite well in our area. They do cause some problems nesting in the walls of homes though.

rick