PDA

View Full Version : Need Contract for TX inspects

TcDuhon
12-16-2009, 10:18 AM
Hello. I am looking to see where (if at all) I can find a pre inspection agreement/contract that I can use here in TX. TREC doesn't require one but I have been finding while getting qoutes for E&O that it seems that almost all ins co.'s need this to issue ins. Is there a place where I can find one or a place I can find similar ones where I can get ideas?

Jeff Knight
12-16-2009, 12:24 PM
If you are a TAREI member you should be able to use the one they have as a starting point.

https://www.tarei.com/i4a/ams/amslogin.cfm?nextpage=/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageid=3340

Lee Warren
12-18-2009, 09:23 AM
Send me an email, and I will send you a copy of mine. You can use it if you want, or tweak it any way you like.

Lee Warren
Prospect Inspectors, Inc.

Lee@ProspectInspectors.com
469-682-0341

Nolan Kienitz
12-19-2009, 07:32 AM
Few inspectors are attorneys.

Strongly suggest you sit with your attorney and work out the agreement language that works for your business model.

Many of us have and use the agreements and have also worked with our legal representation to be sure of the document.

Looking over others agreements is a good start where you can begin to craft a draft for your company ... but needs to be reviewed/approved by your attorney.

And ... if you don't have an attorney ... you had best find one ... especially being a new inspector. I'm assuming you are a new or potentially new inspector in Texas if you are just now shopping for E&O.