PDA

View Full Version : Panel in the Crapper

Matt Fellman
12-22-2009, 06:17 PM
This is always my first choice of where to put a panel. I don't have my code book handy.... is this okay? :)

Gunnar Alquist
12-22-2009, 06:20 PM
I have spent the last couple of minutes trying to come up with some smart-alec answer and have been completely unable. Sorry. :cool:

H.G. Watson, Sr.
12-22-2009, 06:43 PM
Like Gunnar I too spent minutes failing to come up with a good smart aleck remark.

Best duds I could muster was

gives a new meaning to "electric tooth brush".

Hey look honey, a towel warmer!

Which is worse the room location or the location in the room.

Hey realtor, its location, location, location - all three are bad!

(groan) That's a shocker!

(double groan) Want fried with that?

This my friends, is the textbook response of the Passive Aggressive to the "Honey Do" list.

as my GGD would say some "stoo-pid poopie-head" did that:eek: .

Jerry Peck
12-22-2009, 07:53 PM
That's one of those Holy Crap Panels ... you have to bow down before it on your knees and say Hail Mary three times before daring to remove the cover. :eek:

John Kogel
12-23-2009, 10:06 AM
Just one question, Matt. How would you know to look for it there? :confused:

Jim Luttrall
12-23-2009, 11:33 AM
I have spent the last couple of minutes trying to come up with some smart-alec answer and have been completely unable. Sorry. :cool:

Crappy workmanship?

Ted Menelly
12-23-2009, 11:33 AM
:eek: SHOCKING :cool:

That about somes it up

I have had a few in the bathroom and a couple were just left or right of the sink but nothing that drastic.

Rick Hurst
12-23-2009, 12:02 PM
Sometimes you just have to say, WTF?

Bill Gosch
12-24-2009, 11:18 AM
Don't wash the dog in the sink, washroom must have been added on after the panel, never seen anything this bad in Essex county, I'd recommend re-locating the panel according to the code in your area.

Ron Bibler
12-24-2009, 11:23 AM
Something for the kids to play with:D

Best

Ron

Steven Stafford
12-25-2009, 07:17 AM
Somehow that photo reminded me of the family trip to my paternal grandparents' farm in Kansas when I was 8 years old. First day there my grandpa warned my brother and me not to wizz on the electric fence. He didn't say why of course. Being the pre-pubescent, smart assed kids we were, we took it as a challenge to find out why. I was the one who made it to the fence first and was taught the first portion of a lesson. Grandpa has a sick sense of humor.;) It was not much more than a strong tingle until I broke stream, but it definitely caught my attention.
The second part of the lesson came the next day as we were playing with some cousins. It was follow the leader or some such thing. While trying to crawl under another section of electric fence I wasn't low enough and caught the bottom wire straight across the forehead. That was definitely more than a tingle.:eek:

Jim Luttrall
12-25-2009, 07:31 AM
Somehow that photo reminded me of the family trip to my paternal grandparents' farm in Kansas when I was 8 years old. First day there my grandpa warned my brother and me not to wizz on the electric fence. He didn't say why of course. Being the pre-pubescent, smart assed kids we were, we took it as a challenge to find out why. I was the one who made it to the fence first and was taught the first portion of a lesson. Grandpa has a sick sense of humor.;)

The lessons you remember best are the ones that you learn in person and a little pain implants the lesson a little deeper. I'll bet you paid a little more attention to what Grandpa said after that!

David Bell
12-27-2009, 09:38 AM
Thus the need for GFI protection in the bathroom!

Michael Carson
12-27-2009, 12:02 PM
This is always my first choice of where to put a panel. I don't have my code book handy.... is this okay? :)

The toilet paper and cleanser is for cleaning yourself up after the owner finds out how much it will cost to fix it.