PDA

View Full Version : Third Report, same house

Paul Johnston
01-11-2010, 04:05 AM
Hi Everyone,
Tomorrow I will do the third inspection on the same house in 7 months. The last one was on 12//9/09. Is there any ethical concerns here and do I need to let the next customer know this fact?
I am glad for the business and do a complete inspection each time.
Any concerns I should have? Hope someone buys this hot property.
Thanks
Paul

James Bohac
01-11-2010, 07:12 AM
I would mention that you are familiar with the home due to previous inspections. Also state that you will be inspecting the home just as you did the first time. You have no idea what may have been repaired or what new problems may be revealed.

Bruce Ramsey
01-11-2010, 09:40 AM
Are you finding new items each time? Has anything been repaired since the last inspection?

David J. Smith
01-11-2010, 10:21 AM
I feel it is only fair to mention you inspected the home before and the sale did not go through because of deficencies found.
What happens when you walk in and the owner or agent says "Oh no, not you again".
As was said before I tell the client that conditions may have changed since the last inspection and that the previous inspections are covered by a confidencal clause between myself and my clients.

David

Rick Hurst
01-11-2010, 12:02 PM
I feel it is only fair to mention you inspected the home before and the sale did not go through because of deficencies found. Wrong! Not our place to state such information. The deal might have fell through for a number of reasons like the buyer not being able to obtain financing.
What happens when you walk in and the owner or agent says "Oh no, not you again". Yes its me! Leave it at that.
As was said before I tell the client that conditions may have changed since the last inspection and that the previous inspections are covered by a confidencal clause between myself and my clients. The prior inspection was a different day in time and as said things may have changed. Maybe for the better, maybe for the worse. Either way, it should be a complete reinspection like you have never been there before.

David

Just my opinion.

rick

Ken Rowe
01-11-2010, 02:13 PM
I agree with Rick. Don't get involved in why the deal fell through.

I always mention if I've inspected the house before. Whether it's twice in the same week or twice in 5 years. Full disclosure on my part.

Heck between the 4 guys in my MN area we inspected the same house 7 times in a 2 week period for different buyers each time. Each got their very own shiny new inspection report.