PDA

View Full Version : condo ventless dryer

John Arnold
01-20-2010, 07:39 AM
I've never seen a dryer like this before. No connection for a vent. It just discharges out the front! Definitely not a condensing type.

Rick Hurst
01-20-2010, 07:55 AM
That has to be great for the allergies and the humidity in the home.

Rick Cantrell
01-20-2010, 08:00 AM
Combo T shirt dryer and hand warmer:)

Eric Van De Ven
01-20-2010, 10:51 AM
There are several vent less dryers on the market. There are also several washer/dryer combination scentless units as well.

What brand is that one?

David Bell
01-20-2010, 10:58 AM
Be tough to lose a sock in that one, looks like it only holds three. Does the air intake have a lint filter too?

John Arnold
01-20-2010, 02:18 PM
There are several vent less dryers on the market. There are also several washer/dryer combination scentless units as well.

What brand is that one?

It's a Sanyo.

My wife would love a scentless dryer. She has a an overactive olfactory sense.

Erby Crofutt
01-20-2010, 05:53 PM
Better an overactive olfactory sense, than an oversized olfactory device!!:) :) :)

-

Eric Van De Ven
01-20-2010, 06:05 PM
It's a Sanyo.

My wife would love a scentless dryer. She has a an overactive olfactory sense.

Ooops!
I meant vent-less. Apparently, this is what happens when I post without my glasses!:D

The vent-less ones are the only option for most condos.....or this:see picture one.......which leads to picture two!

John Kogel
01-20-2010, 07:46 PM
The vent-less ones are the only option for most condos.....or this:see picture one.......which leads to picture two!Yes that panel is sad. :( A leaky dryer hose will do that too.

I don't agree ventless is the only option. Duct work can be put in to exhaust out through the wall. If it is mandatory, they find a way. Townhouse today in a converted 100 yr old brick building. Each unit has four exhaust shrouds all mounted on the walls. In cold weather, there will be a wet stain outside around the dryer vent, still better than blowing damp lint through the house. :confused:

Jerry Peck
01-20-2010, 07:58 PM
or this:see picture one.......

Which is totally not acceptable as a dryer catching receptacle - exhaust them to the outdoors if any way possible, and if there is no way ... then someone will need to spring for a ventless dryer. :eek:

Darren Miller
01-22-2010, 03:03 PM
Gee,

Do you think this will work?

Betsy, now where did that tool box go?

Eric Van De Ven
01-22-2010, 03:06 PM
Gee,

Do you think this will work?

Betsy, now where did that tool box go?

Only if it is connected using this, PVC pipe routed through the walls and the front bedroom closet:

Jerry Peck
01-22-2010, 04:05 PM
Only if it is connected using this, PVC pipe routed through the walls and the front bedroom closet:

Yikes!

PVC is not allowed for clothes dryer vents. :eek:

Eric Van De Ven
01-22-2010, 04:27 PM
I should have put a disclaimer on my previous post!
Needless to say, it did get written up as improper piping!:D