PDA

View Full Version : Dallas area

Jerry Peck
01-21-2010, 08:20 PM
I've got someone looking who will quite possibly looking for an inspector, it is a condo with problems.

Who works in and around Dallas?

Jerry Peck
01-21-2010, 09:00 PM
Anyone?

I've forgotten who works where.

Jim Luttrall
01-21-2010, 09:37 PM
Jerry, there is Rick, Nolan, AD, BAdair, and myself off the top of my head. Then Ted is just across the river in Ft. Worth.

Jerry Peck
01-22-2010, 05:25 PM
Jerry, there is Rick, Nolan, AD, BAdair, and myself off the top of my head. Then Ted is just across the river in Ft. Worth.

You guys send me your contact information so I can forward it to your potential client.

Robb Evans
04-04-2010, 08:09 AM
I'm not an inspector but I am in need of an inspector in the Fort Worth area.
Specifically I need an inspector to double check what I believe are some code problems in the framing of a new home.

Local code is International Residential Code of May 2008, and I have a builder that has neglected to include a weather resistant barrier under the siding of the gables and dormers.
There are a few other problems and I would like to have an expert's eye to find anymore problems before I get a new GC on the project.

Please let me know if etiquette dictates this post to be made elsewhere on the forum.

Thanks

Jim Luttrall
04-04-2010, 08:37 AM
I am in Collin County and cover the entire metroplex.
Ted Menelly is over in Ft. Worth.

Nolan Kienitz
04-04-2010, 08:38 AM
Robb,

You indicated IRC 2008, but has the local AHJ adopted that code cycle? Have they made changes to the code? The local AHJ can include/exclude/change elements should they desire.

If local AHJ has approved what builder is doing you will have an uphill stream to deal with.

Yes, an independent "code certified" inspector could add data points, but he/she will have to also know what the local AHJ "exclusion/inclusions" are as it relates to their current accepted code cycle.

Contact me via e-mail and I can send along some more information.

Nolan@NolansInspections.com

Scott Patterson
04-04-2010, 08:40 AM
I'm not an inspector but I am in need of an inspector in the Fort Worth area.
Specifically I need an inspector to double check what I believe are some code problems in the framing of a new home.

Local code is International Residential Code of May 2008, and I have a builder that has neglected to include a weather resistant barrier under the siding of the gables and dormers.
There are a few other problems and I would like to have an expert's eye to find anymore problems before I get a new GC on the project.

Please let me know if etiquette dictates this post to be made elsewhere on the forum.

Thanks

You should get some responses to your post. We have several good inspector folks out in your area. Being Easter Sunday, it might be later today before you hear from some. Also you might want to post an email address that they can contact you. Keep in mind that this is a public site and everything you post your builder can see as well. Good luck....

Well, that was quick! I guess Nolan and Jim went to sunrises services like we did! ;)

Robb Evans
04-04-2010, 01:50 PM
Robb,

You indicated IRC 2008, but has the local AHJ adopted that code cycle? Have they made changes to the code? The local AHJ can include/exclude/change elements should they desire.

If local AHJ has approved what builder is doing you will have an uphill stream to deal with.

Yes, an independent "code certified" inspector could add data points, but he/she will have to also know what the local AHJ "exclusion/inclusions" are as it relates to their current accepted code cycle.

Contact me via e-mail and I can send along some more information.

Nolan@NolansInspections.com

Wow, the replies were quick.

I am pretty certain that there are no changes to the code as I am in unincorporated Denton County. I found the IRC requirement on this web page.
http://dentoncounty.com/dept/planning/forms/Notice-to-Home-Builders.pdf

I will send you an email shortly.

Thank you

Richard Doty
04-02-2011, 03:16 PM
I've got someone looking who will quite possibly looking for an inspector, it is a condo with problems.

Who works in and around Dallas?

Heavenly Home Inspection

heavenlyhomeinspection.com