PDA

View Full Version : New Inspector Seeking Intership In SC

Jonathan Morse
01-23-2010, 10:40 AM
I have been licensed for a few years now, however I have not been able to afford the E & O insurance. I am hoping to find an experienced inspector who would take me under their wing and let me intern under them to build my experience. I currently work a full time job in maintenence Mon-Fri 8am-6pm. I am available most evenings and weekends.

I am looking to work in the Greenville / Simpsonville, SC area.

Any advice or help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
JD Morse

Jack Feldmann
01-23-2010, 01:20 PM
I don't know about others here, but I don't do inspections after 5pm. You might be able to get some weekend work though.
Same goes for taking on an intern. Since there is a big investment in time training someone, most of us don't really like to invest that time to just have the "intern" take off on their own, taking contacts, etc with them. There would have to be a clear understanding, and maybe a contract involved - at least for me anyway.

Jonathan Morse
01-23-2010, 02:58 PM
Thanks for your input. I understand completly. I am hoping to find someone about to retire that wouldn't mind so much. I don't really need a lot of training, I've got a few years in construction and had my own handy man service for a while. Now I have been doing apartment maintenance for a few years. So I know a great deal about how majority of things work and are meant to operate and all.

Dan Harris
01-23-2010, 03:13 PM
Thanks for your input. I understand completly. I am hoping to find someone about to retire that wouldn't mind so much. I don't really need a lot of training, I've got a few years in construction and had my own handy man service for a while. Now I have been doing apartment maintenance for a few years. So I know a great deal about how majority of things work and are meant to operate and all.

Jonathan.. After you do a few ride alongs, [ with some experienced inspectors] come back and tell us how much you really knew about inspecting homes, verses working on them :)