PDA

View Full Version : Tip 1: A different view of the board.

Brian Hannigan
04-01-2007, 05:54 AM
1) Tip 1: A different view of the board.
If you would like to see the board with a different look to it you can switch to a new view that I have installed.

You can try it and switch back and forth at any time.

Scroll to the bottom of any page and look for the drop-down on the left hand side. If it says "Default" then select CA EVO. That will become the default look but for now it's an option.

Chad Fabry
04-01-2007, 06:07 AM
The CA EVO look is great and it seems to work fine. Nice job on the board, Brian.

I wasn't able to update my profile for occupation, hobbies etc..

John Arnold
04-01-2007, 06:15 AM
Brian - What are "child forums". I saw this on the search page.

Brian Hannigan
04-01-2007, 06:25 AM
Chad,

The CA EVO look is great and it seems to work fine. Nice job on the board, Brian.

I wasn't able to update my profile for occupation, hobbies etc..

Thanks Chad and I'll look into the profile categories. I know there are some others I will be adding too.

Brian - What are "child forums". I saw this on the search page.

Hi John, They are the same as sub-forums, or forums within a forum. For example, the "Technical" and Non-Technical" sections are parent forums and all of these categories underneath are sub or child forums. Under this "HELP" forum I could break it down into several individual help topic forums and they would all be child forums of the HELP forum.

John Arnold
04-01-2007, 06:27 AM
Thanks Brian.

Are we all starting from scratch here? When I first logged on it said I have never posted and the last time I visited was 1969?!

Brian Hannigan
04-01-2007, 06:34 AM
I visited was 1969?!

I noticed that from when I imported everyones name and password. That should correct itself next time you log in. I figured it wasn't on top of my list since it would self correct. Later, if I can find a way to pad everyones post count with that from the other board I will do it. Again, not on the top of my list now but I would like to do it.

Unfortunately I could not import the actual threads from the other board so we will just be using that board as an archive and start all new posts here.

If you need to you can copy some info from the other board and paste it here to continue the discussion.

imported_Rick Vernon
04-01-2007, 06:48 AM
Hi Brian,
So far so good but it wouldn't recognize my old password etc
so temporarily I'm "imported Rick Vernon" with no previous post.

Rick