PDA

View Full Version : Kickout flashing

John Stephenson
06-23-2007, 07:45 AM

Bruce Breedlove
06-23-2007, 10:43 AM
While that's a retrofit it is better than having no kickout flashing at all. It will require maintenance from time to time. It if is accomplishing its intended purpose I say it is OK.

John Arnold
06-23-2007, 11:04 AM
The architect should have to go back to school.

Gunnar Alquist
06-23-2007, 11:31 AM
Looks to me like it is under a roof overhang and unlikely to leak.

Martin lehman
06-23-2007, 12:21 PM
Kick-out flashing is usually the same piece of flashing as the pan, cut and tucked under the the pan to divert water away from the sidewall. Looks like a crappy job to me, and you could have problem if that gutter in the pic discharges juse above this area.

Jerry Peck
06-23-2007, 12:43 PM
The architect should have to go back to school.

An architect is said to be a person who knows a good deal about many things. Over time, they learn a little about many more things, until they end up knowing nothing about almost everything. On the other hand ...

An engineer is said to be a person who knows a everything about one thing. Over time, they learn more and more about less and less, until they end up knowing everything about almost nothing.

A contractor starts out knowing everything about everything, but, through their association with architects and engineers, they end up knowing nothing about nothing.

A sub contractor starts out knowing nothing about nothing, which is proven by their continuing business relationships with contractors, architects and engineers.

(wording is as close as memory serves me, original source is unknown)

Thom Walker
06-23-2007, 03:02 PM
But a builder's wife? Now she must know everything because they influence so much of what we see. In TX, if it's under 5000sqft and residential, no architect is needed. So, guess how often they're used?

Most of our engineers are absolutely brilliant. I'd be willing to bet that most of them can do a wind storm inspection in under 5 minutes. The more experienced can do it from their cars, and the best can do it from their offices. :D

Joseph P. Hagarty
06-23-2007, 08:11 PM
Jerry P.

So the Architect is the most knowledgeable in this scenario???

Jerry Peck
06-24-2007, 08:42 AM
Jerry P.

So the Architect is the most knowledgeable in this scenario???

????? :confused: Why would you think that?

"until they end up knowing nothing about almost everything" :)

David Banks
06-24-2007, 09:07 AM
Jerry no category for Home Inspectors?

Jerry Peck
06-24-2007, 03:37 PM
Jerry no category for Home Inspectors?

A home inspector is a person who starts out knowing something about a many things. Over time, they learn much about many things, until they end up knowing that they know nothing about anything.

:D (How'd I do? That one is my own creation.)

Bob Stark
06-24-2007, 11:32 PM
Those are absolutely hilarious !! :p