PDA

View Full Version : Template for Commercial buildings

Doug Haglund
01-27-2010, 06:00 PM
I was contacted by Realtor to do a inspection on a commercial building, need help on a template I could use for this, I do have software for single family but not for commercial building. If anybody has a template I could download & use would great.

Matt Fellman
01-27-2010, 11:51 PM
I've done lots of multi-family and small commerical buildings and have always just modified my residential form or just started from scratch. I think you'll have a hard time finding a template (or at least one that fits your needs) since commercial buildings are all so unique.

In the end people really just want a list of problems so as long as you're satisfying any SOP requirements (if any even apply) you can pretty much do anything that conveys the information adequately.

Doug Haglund
01-28-2010, 04:19 AM
Thanks Matt, that's what I'll do, maybe just use Words, or any other program I can insert some pictures, any suggestions on that or any other program that I could insert pictures?

Markus Keller
01-28-2010, 08:59 AM
Download/buy a copy of ASTM 2018 as a reference guide for these reports. As Matt said, it's pretty much the same set-up. On a commercial inspection, consider asking your client what their goals are with the property, beyond just purchase I'm assuming. Knowing that, often helps tailor the report a bit to the client's needs, which of course makes them happy.