PDA

View Full Version : Clients find us here

Bruce Ramsey
02-01-2010, 12:27 PM
Got a call today from a local agent who wanted some technical information regarding CSST. A home inspector reported the gas lines at the property for sale needed bonding so she went looking for more information. She found a topic regarding CSST somewhere on the net where I had responded. She contacted me with the hopes I might be able to help her better understand CSST and bonding. She also happens to be in the market for a new home inspector to recommend.

All that to say what you post here and on other locations around the web is available to the world. Potential clients may find you via the trail you have left out there. What and how you post is part of your resume and marketing exposure.

Sometimes posters forget this is not just a small community of home inspectors trading information among themselves. It is open to everyone with a web connection. I not suggesting you censor what you post. I am just reminding everyone that Inspection News is more than just a forum, it is also a marketing tool.

Jim Luttrall
02-01-2010, 12:40 PM
Yep, I got a call from a lawyer a week or two ago wanting information on anti-tip stove brackets and Angie's list editor wanting information on CSST a year or two ago.
One more reason to watch your spelling, name calling, etc. Kind of like driving on the freeway with your name and phone number on your vehicle... best not to drive like a maniac.

A.D. Miller
02-01-2010, 12:44 PM
All that to say what you post here and on other locations around the web is available to the world. Potential clients may find you via the trail you have left out there. What and how you post is part of your resume and marketing exposure.

Sometimes posters forget this is not just a small community of home inspectors trading information among themselves. It is open to everyone with a web connection. I not suggesting you censor what you post. I am just reminding everyone that Inspection News is more than just a forum, it is also a marketing tool.

BR: While I agree with what you say here, I also am a believer in being the same person at home, online, in person, at work, et al. If I write it here, the chances are excellent that I will say the same thing to anyone wherever we might meet.

Bruce Breedlove
02-01-2010, 04:07 PM
. . .

Sometimes posters forget this is not just a small community of home inspectors trading information among themselves. It is open to everyone with a web connection. . .

That's why I think it is important to use proper spelling and grammar here. You don't want potential clients to get the impression that you are uneducated based on your butchering of the English language in your posts here.