PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle replacement time

Raymond Wand
02-03-2010, 07:00 AM
My current car lease is coming due in March.

I have narrowed my search for a new vehicle to a Ford Flex (SEL AWD), and have researched on line info.

Anyone have any feedback on this vehicle or currently drive one?

Thanks.

Ted Menelly
02-03-2010, 04:10 PM
Very roomy. Great mileage. Lots of room. Drives great. . Just nothing but a bunch of pluses. I know to folks that have one and they both rave about it. I it was not so slow for me I think I would have stepped it up a notch and bought one.

It's a Ford. Turn the key and go.

Gunnar Alquist
02-03-2010, 04:28 PM
Tesla Motors - High performance electric vehicles. Available now. (http://www.teslamotors.com/)

Low carbon footprint. I think they are going for $100K :cool:

Markus Keller
02-03-2010, 06:25 PM
Damn'it Raymond this is all your fault.:D I saw your post this morning before I left. I've been thinking it's time for a newer vehicle. Went outside to leave and my tranny bit the dust.
My inlaws looked at that Ford and didn't buy it for some reason. Don't remember why. I don't think it was anything negative to worry about though.
I'm done with Chevy's for a while. My Ford trucks go until I kill them. The Chevy's just seem to cost money.
Anyone driving a Honda Ridgeline? Don't know why I like them but I think I'm going to take a look.

Philip Lamachio
02-04-2010, 06:47 AM
Markus,

I got your message about the ceiling/insurance issue you posted on another thread. I sent a pm back. Get the property manager to contact me at 336-327-5523. I can help her with getting this claim honored. It may take a little work, but I have been successful dealing with this kind of objection before.

Philip LaMachio
Home (http://www.estateplaster.com)

Rick Hurst
02-04-2010, 10:29 AM
I hear they are dealin' at Toyota.:D

Raymond Wand
02-04-2010, 10:32 AM
Looked at the Toyota 4Runner, but did not like the interest rates Toyota is charging, nor the $$$ up charge for specific options.

Jack Feldmann
02-04-2010, 05:45 PM
I'm with Dave Ramsey about leases, or as he calls them fleeces. To me not a smart money move.
But then, I am not one of those that have to have a new car/truck every couple of years either.
Also not a huge fan of financing stuff. But thats just me.

I'm probably going to get a Scion box and turn the T100 into the new mulch truck, and sell the current mulch truck. Just have a little more saving to do before that happens.

Gunnar Alquist
02-04-2010, 08:04 PM
I have been driving a Honda CRV since 2002. Ladders go on the roof rack and the tools & crawl stuff go into the back storage area. Adequate room for passengers, decent mileage. Reliable. Not a Porsche. :rolleyes: