PDA

View Full Version : Need the name of these breakers

Marc M
02-03-2010, 11:42 PM
Just need the name of the manufacture. Appreciate it...

Ron Bibler
02-04-2010, 12:16 AM
They look liks Zinsco...

bEST

rON

Rollie Meyers
02-04-2010, 06:17 AM
They look liks Zinsco...

bEST

rON

They are, Zinsco "Magnatrip" to be exact.

Ron Bibler
02-04-2010, 11:08 AM
They are, Zinsco "Magnatrip" to be exact.

Hey Rollie... How are things in Chico... ? Are sale doing O.K. Over there been looking at opening a Sub-office in Redding...

Best

Ron

Marc M
02-04-2010, 09:06 PM
Super cool, thanks for the info...

john_opwin
02-06-2010, 04:29 AM
Well done rollie, how did you make out?

bob smit
02-06-2010, 10:17 AM
Marc, In all my years I have only happened upon these breakers once.
I found these (ZINSCO) breakers installed in Service equipment on a pedestal for a trailer park. I removed and replaced the whole panel and saved the breakers in my warehouse in case I ever needed one for a service call. None of the suppliers in my area carried them and most never heard of them. They've been rotting in my w-house ever since.

Just curious, where was this panel U encountered installed?
Bob Smit, County EI

Ron Bibler
02-06-2010, 02:39 PM
I found these (ZINSCO) breakers installed in Service equipment on a pedestal for a trailer park. I removed and replaced the whole panel and saved the breakers in my warehouse in case I ever needed one for a service call. None of the suppliers in my area carried them and most never heard of them. They've been rotting in my w-house ever since.

Bob Smit, County EI

I see them in every other home I Inspect.

best

ron

Byron Lentz
02-06-2010, 08:03 PM
See them all the time, do lots of older homes. They can be "Back Fed" with the clip taken out, or the clip can also be rotated to clip on either bus.

Marc M
02-06-2010, 09:13 PM

Bob Smit, County EI

Bob, I found these Jems in a pre 60's house in not-so-sunny so cal. Whats the lug on the left side for?

Ron Bibler
02-06-2010, 09:40 PM
Whats the lug on the left side for?

Go back and look at my first post. you will see the conection.

one side is a back stab. the lug on the left side uses the screws.

Best

Ron