PDA

View Full Version : Any Texas inspectors know what TREC says about non-insulated interior attic doors ?

Gene South
02-04-2010, 07:38 PM
Any Texas inspectors know what TREC says about non-insulated interior attic doors ? Just a quick question. I can look it up myself but little brain tired right now, so thought I would ask.

Thanks

Gene

A.D. Miller
02-05-2010, 08:11 AM
Any Texas inspectors know what TREC says about non-insulated interior attic doors ? Just a quick question. I can look it up myself but little brain tired right now, so thought I would ask.

Thanks

Gene

GS: The geniuses at the TREC, though able to demand that HIs be code savvy regarding other issues, seem to have overlooked quite a few - this being one of them. However, it can be inferred at 535.228(g)(2)(D).

Gene South
02-05-2010, 12:41 PM
A.D. Thanks. So you are saying per the specificed code you listed, that the interior attic doors should be insulated, however the TREC SOP does not mention this area ?

Thanks

Gene

A.D. Miller
02-05-2010, 02:46 PM
A.D. Thanks. So you are saying per the specificed code you listed, that the interior attic doors should be insulated, however the TREC SOP does not mention this area ?

Thanks

Gene

GS: The IECC requires that the interior hatches and ladders be insulated and gasketed. The TREC does not mention these specifically, but may intend them in the regulation I cited.

Who knows what the hell they intend? Note that Cahill (http://www.soprfi.com/)has submitted no less than 13 requests for interpretation to them. They have yet to answer one.:D

Gene South
02-05-2010, 09:02 PM
A.D. Thanks,

Gene