PDA

View Full Version : Sewer ejector pump

mathew stouffer
02-08-2010, 09:03 AM
Does anyone know if the lid on a sewer ejector pump has to be secured? I am saying something about it based simply on common sense but I was curious of the requirements. This particular cover could be easily lifted off, and the tank was about six feet deep or deeper, I could not see the bottom.

Thanks

Scott Patterson
02-08-2010, 09:09 AM
Yes, it should have a gasket and be screwed down in place. This looks like it is inside the home, so this is a very important step. If this is not done sewer gas can enter the area, and if the pump fails other stuff will enter the area! ;)

I don't see any holes in the lid or on the tank that would allow for this to be done, but it needs to be done. Did you see any holes for screws in the lid?

mathew stouffer
02-08-2010, 09:15 AM
No it looked like a temporary lid. Do you know if it is common for a large amount of water to remain in the tank. I see these units all the time but never get to look inside.

Scott Patterson
02-08-2010, 09:23 AM
No it looked like a temporary lid. Do you know if it is common for a large amount of water to remain in the tank. I see these units all the time but never get to look inside.

All of the ones I have seen are never empty.

mathew stouffer
02-08-2010, 09:27 AM
Yeah it makes sense, that way you don't end up with petrified poop.