PDA

View Full Version : Clearances

Nick Ostrowski
02-17-2010, 09:18 AM
Here is a pic from a 6 year old townhouse I looked at yesterday. The house has a rooftop deck but there is another roof for the stairwell leading up to access to the roof deck. The B vent for the furnace and the water heater is right next to the deck railing. Stupid spot for it but I'm not sure if it is considered acceptable by building practices. One, I see it as a burn hazard. Two, I can't see how it is considered acceptable to vent so close to a deck.

Thoughts?

Vern Heiler
02-17-2010, 10:59 AM
Here is a pic from a 6 year old townhouse I looked at yesterday. The house has a rooftop deck but there is another roof for the stairwell leading up to access to the roof deck. The B vent for the furnace and the water heater is right next to the deck railing. Stupid spot for it but I'm not sure if it is considered acceptable by building practices. One, I see it as a burn hazard. Two, I can't see how it is considered acceptable to vent so close to a deck.

Thoughts?

I don't know about others but I have never burnt myself on a B'vent, even straight out of the furnace. Has anyone?

Nick Ostrowski
02-17-2010, 11:13 AM
I haven't either but I gotta cover my bases just in case.

A.D. Miller
02-17-2010, 11:15 AM
NO: That is the absolute first decent "chimney" installation you have provided for us, and your complaining about it?:D

Nick Ostrowski
02-17-2010, 11:36 AM
I'm too accustomed to seeing buffoonery that I have a hard time believing some things can be OK.