PDA

View Full Version : USA takes silver in women's hockey!

John Kogel
02-25-2010, 07:04 PM
And Canadian women win the gold!!!!!!!!!!
2 to 0 !!!!! Sorry bout that!! :)

Brandon Whitmore
02-25-2010, 07:25 PM
Since the USA men took y'all down a notch, we figured it's the least we could do. :D

John Kogel
02-25-2010, 07:41 PM
Since the USA men took y'all down a notch, we figured it's the least we could do. :DNext time, hope they're better in goal than the Russkies were!! Canada won that one 7-3 !!!!

Men's Teams Canada will take the Gold !!!!!
Vancouver Olympic Games Medals Results Sports : Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics (http://www.vancouver2010.com/)

Mike Picarello
02-26-2010, 07:32 AM
Maybe !

Steve Beliveau
02-26-2010, 10:51 AM
Since the USA men took y'all down a notch, we figured it's the least we could do. :D

Sorry, Brandon, Canada Men took the US down several notches. Final shots on goal? - 45 to 22 for Canada. US was totally outplayed for the whole game, including Canada playing "keep-away" in the US zone for the last 5 minutes. Did you really watch the game before posting?

Nick Ostrowski
02-26-2010, 12:05 PM
Hmmmm....has anybody seen the recent overall medal count?

Nick Ostrowski
02-26-2010, 12:12 PM
Oh, looky here!

TOTAL MEDALS BY COUNTRY

United States 32
Germany 26
Norway 19
Canada 17
Russia 13
Austria 12
South Korea 11
France 10
China 9
Switzerland 8
Sweden 8
Netherlands 6
Czech Republic 5
Poland 4
Japan 4
Italy 4
Australia 3
Belarus 3
Slovakia 3
Slovenia 3
Finland 3
Latvia 2
Croatia 2
Great Britain 1
Estonia 1
Kazakhstan 1

Steve Beliveau
02-26-2010, 12:38 PM
Or, looky here: Gold Medals - USA 8, Canada,8
Also, population of talent pool: Canada 34 million, USA 308million (or 9x greater)
Therefore, proportionally speaking, Canada has 153 medals with 72 gold.
PS. there are no Eskimos on our teams either

A.D. Miller
02-26-2010, 01:46 PM
Or, looky here: Gold Medals - USA 8, Canada,8
Also, population of talent pool: Canada 34 million, USA 308million (or 9x greater)
Therefore, proportionally speaking, Canada has 153 medals with 72 gold.
PS. there are no Eskimos on our teams either

SB: What else is there to do in Frostbite Falls other than ski, skate, and listen to bad Cajun music? (Other than binge drinking, of course). No wonder they won a disproportionate number of golds!:D

Brandon Whitmore
02-26-2010, 03:46 PM
Sorry, Brandon, Canada Men took the US down several notches. Final shots on goal? - 45 to 22 for Canada. US was totally outplayed for the whole game, including Canada playing "keep-away" in the US zone for the last 5 minutes. Did you really watch the game before posting?

I'm not sure how you can say we were "totally outplayed"-- how'd we win? In the end, the final score is all that matters. Canada will have another shot-- we'll have to wait and see how it plays out.

John Kogel
02-26-2010, 04:38 PM
SB: What else is there to do in Frostbite Falls other than ski, skate, and listen to bad Cajun music? (Other than binge drinking, of course). No wonder they won a disproportionate number of golds!:DFor the record :D, AD, half the music you listen to is bad Cajun, being they are jest around the corner from y'all.
Oh that's right, we invented Cajuns too!

Steve Beliveau
02-26-2010, 05:16 PM
SB: What else is there to do in Frostbite Falls other than ski, skate, and listen to bad Cajun music? (Other than binge drinking, of course). No wonder they won a disproportionate number of golds!:D

Texasinspector: Don't worry, your ratio will get better cuz you got more snow in one day than Vancouver has had all year.

Unfortunately, cross country skiing won't have quite the thrill as flying recklessly down mountains at 60 mph.

Viva Zydeco!

John Kogel
02-27-2010, 09:02 PM
Oh, looky here!

TOTAL MEDALS BY COUNTRY

United States 36 * 9 Gold *
Germany 29
Norway 22
Canada 25 * 13 Gold * with one more to get !!!!
Russia 15
Austria 16
South Korea 14
France 11
China 11
Switzerland 9
Sweden 9
Netherlands 6
Czech Republic 5
Poland 5
Japan 4
Italy 4
Australia 3
Belarus 3
Slovakia 3
Slovenia 3
Finland 4
Latvia 2
Croatia 2
Great Britain 1
Estonia 1
Kazakhstan 1Brought the list up to date. :)

Curling | Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games | CTV Olympics (http://www.ctvolympics.ca/curling/results-and-schedules/match=cum400101/highlights.html)
Give it time to load
Watch the 5th end
Billiards on ice

Canada will score the first goal !!!!!!!!

Mike Picarello
03-01-2010, 10:15 AM
....and the last !
Good game regardless of the outcome.
Too bad "Cindy" had to bag the winner.

Raymond Wand
03-01-2010, 10:29 AM
John

I guess we showed the world what Canadians are. I guess we are no longer a bunch of hosers, eh! :D

Steve Frederickson
03-01-2010, 04:54 PM
John

I guess we showed the world what Canadians are. I guess we are no longer a bunch of hosers, eh! :D

No, you're still hosers. You're just hosers who can play hockey. ;) I'll bet you were sweating out that overtime, though. A loss for you would have been similar to our "Dream Team" basketball team losing to ... anyone.

Things were getting scary for you the first week but I'll have to admit, it was a good ending for Canada.

Come back here in two years, after the summer olympics, and we'll compare medals again (does anyone up there swim?). :)

I wonder what happened to Russia? If you add the medals from all of their satellite nations, they would have done fairly well, but they're panicing about the 2014 Olympics. In the old USSR, someone would have been sent to Siberia. Now, they're just asking for resignations. That's progress.

Raymond Wand
03-01-2010, 05:04 PM
Remember when the Ruskies would defect?

John Kogel
03-01-2010, 08:53 PM
Remember when the Ruskies would defect?You mean back when doing biz with China was taboo?

Yes the USA could have won, but not against Luongo. :D
He was playing at home in the Canucks stadium, and losing was not an option.
Then when Parise scored for the US in the last minute of reg time, oh oh ......... :eek:

John Kogel
03-01-2010, 09:22 PM
No, you're still hosers. You're just hosers who can play hockey. ;) but I'll have to admit, it was a good ending for Canada. Two of our 14 gold were for hockey, and yeah, we invented hockey.

Come back here in two years, after the summer olympics, and we'll compare medals again (does anyone up there swim?). :) We swim in tubs of maple syrup with ice bergs tied round our necks. Warm water makes us sleepy. :)

I wonder what happened to Russia? If you add the medals from all of their satellite nations, they would have done fairly well, but they're panicking about the 2014 Olympics. In the old USSR, someone would have been sent to Siberia. Now, they're just asking for resignations. That's progress.The Slovaks have a strong team, could have had the bronze. Maybe the satellites will join forces again for the games.