PDA

View Full Version : Server Issues?

H.G. Watson, Sr.
03-01-2010, 11:14 AM
I recall recently BH indicating he was fitting a new server, not sure if this would be related.

Lately I've been intermittantly getting some error messages, apparently from the IN Server for some unknown reason. I'm not trying to "do" anything but click on the next page of posts, read a post, etc. and because it happens intermittantly, there may be several such messages in a row, then no problemo for a few clicks, hours, days, I haven't yet picked up on a "pattern".

Some of these messages are the "forbidden...." (but not forbidden 403)responses implying I tried to do something I shouldn't, but wasn't, such as selecting "todays posts" under "quick links" after viewing an individual post (to go back to the list), sometimes I'll get a "memory error" with the usual server type response, lately ending in "line 20" as the apparent culprit.

These are not local "blue screen of death" or other local OpSys error responses.

BH, let me know if you need more details or info, and I'll start saving the responses if you need them.

Happened (3x server memory channel errors in a row when trying to view a particular topic string) again just moments ago -- clicking back arrow simply repeated the "error" had to manually type in addy to IN to overcome, then navigate to the topic string - this time no error?!?. Perhaps too many were viewing same topic at same time and there is a port that has a dedicated/restricted use that isn't closed to the "hunt sequence"?

Brian Hannigan
03-01-2010, 11:22 AM
Thanks H.G.,

Since making some sever upgrades there have been some issues similar to what you have reported.

I encourage everyone to let me know (post here) when you run into an issue and report what the error was and when it happened so I can try and resolve this issue.

Thank you for your help.

Dan Harris
03-01-2010, 11:22 AM
I also get them sometimes.
At first I figured I was a bad boy, and that was Brians way to tell me to shape up or be shipped out. :)

Raymond Wand
03-01-2010, 12:21 PM
Have not experienced anything as described and I'm on a Mac using Firefox.

Jerry Peck
03-01-2010, 06:00 PM
Brian,

I still get those messages too, sometimes not at all, then sometimes all the time.

I found that I can click the Back arrow, then Refresh, then click on what I was clicking on and it ... usually works, sometimes takes doing that a couple of times or so.

Raymond Wand
03-04-2010, 05:08 AM
Having said that I have had no issues, I guess I spoke too soon.

This just came up.

Warning: require_once(/home/inspecti/public_html/home_inspection/includes/class_hook.php) [function.require-once (http://www.inspectionnews.net/home_inspection/function.require-once)]: failed to open stream: Cannot allocate memory in /includes/init.php on line 294

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require (http://www.inspectionnews.net/home_inspection/function.require)]: Failed opening required '/home/inspecti/public_html/home_inspection/includes/class_hook.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/inspecti/public_html/home_inspection/includes/init.php on line 294

Jim Luttrall
03-04-2010, 12:34 PM
Just got this twice when trying to view a photo of a truss plate

Warning: Unknown: failed to open stream: Cannot allocate memory in Unknown on line 0

Fatal error: Unknown: Failed opening required '/home/inspecti/public_html/home_inspection/vbseo.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in Unknown on line 0

CHARLIE VAN FLEET
03-04-2010, 05:57 PM
brian

maybr un related--but why can't i upload a 4.15kb inspection report to a thread--it states i should be able to

can i????

charlie

Jerry Peck
03-04-2010, 07:03 PM
I've found that when I get those error messages (or other ones too) this always works:

I found that I can click the Back arrow, then Refresh, then click on what I was clicking on and it ... usually works, sometimes takes doing that a couple of times or so.

H.G. Watson, Sr.
03-04-2010, 08:08 PM
Yes, clicking refresh, back, or other methods work just fine.

However, it is an indication of issues regarding the new server set-up.

I'm thinking strongly it may be an issue on the ad posting/click through interface with the active X - google counter.

Pages have been slower to load - and I've been MISSING OUT on seeing the paid ad space (since I've been lately aware that a click through once in a while generates revenue for our gracious host - but they haven't been regularly appearing since the server "upgrade" post crash so I've been "missing opportunities to explore/consider/expand my horizons with IN sponsors").:D

Brian Hannigan
03-04-2010, 09:20 PM
Thank you all.

Please keep supplying me with the info until this is sorted out.

All your comments help.

H.G. Watson, Sr.
03-05-2010, 01:40 AM
I'm seeing the ads again, and pages are loading faster now!

Brian Hannigan
03-05-2010, 02:11 PM
I'm seeing the ads again, and pages are loading faster now!

That's great.... for now but I'm still working on it. I don't think everything is working correctly just yet.

I ask everyone to please keep me posted on any issues that you have on the board.

Brandon Whitmore
03-05-2010, 09:03 PM
Here's the one I get randomly, including a minute ago:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /home_inspection/search.php on this server.
Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.14 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.14 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 PHP/5.2.12 Server at www.inspectionnews.net Port 80

Brian Hannigan
03-08-2010, 10:10 AM
OK, more server work was done over the weekend.

Please let me know if the issues continue.

Thanks!

chris mcintyre
03-10-2010, 09:09 PM
Brian,
I had the forbidden one pop up several time tonight.

Dan Harris
03-15-2010, 02:39 PM
I just had this come up.

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /home_inspection/search.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.