PDA

View Full Version : Is this Acceptable?

Rick Hurst
06-27-2007, 09:44 PM
This has got to be wrong, right?

Although the tape was pressed really tight and trimmed nice around the fixtures it just looks all wrong to me.

There has got to be a code against box tape and Formica use as repairs to a shower wall. I just can't find it in the IRC.

Any opinions? Trying to get this report off tonight. ;)

David Banks
06-28-2007, 05:01 AM
Rick I would not write it up if not in the IRC:)

Jim Luttrall
06-28-2007, 05:05 AM
Depends, was it shower rated formica and tape?;)

wayne soper
06-28-2007, 05:11 AM
Looks like packing tape, I would write up lack of proper postage and no return address!

Richard Rushing
06-28-2007, 05:12 AM
I would simply state that,
"Adhesive on tapes have a known history of failure when exposed to conditions of high humidity-- this is the case with the set up and partial repairs made on the bathroom shower wall."

Recommend full repairs to the tile to provide a permanent seal (as opposed to a temporary one)".

Richard

Thom Walker
06-28-2007, 05:40 AM
Always over looking the obvious, Rick.

Color is a terrible contrast.
Chick handle is suitable for tall chicks only and mounted too close to the corner.
Second handle is missing. Probably how the original damage occurred.Do you have other pictures? I bet there was no non skid surface either. Some poor couple is going to get hrt in there.

Jerry Peck
06-28-2007, 05:49 AM
Although the tape was pressed really tight and trimmed nice around the fixtures it just looks all wrong to me.

"the tape was pressed really tight and trimmed nice around the fixtures "

What? You are looking for a code against neat cosmetics? You would rather it be loose and all jagged looking?

:)

BARRY ADAIR
06-28-2007, 02:11 PM
Rick,

Was the tape installed correctly?
1) Bottom piece
2) Side pieces over lap bottom piece, preferably right then left
3) Top piece over lap both side pieces
4) Stop the presses, absent drip flashing! Remove all previous work and start over.

You're grabbin' all the gravy lately. ;)

Rick Hurst
06-28-2007, 02:57 PM
Barry,

You should have been with me this morning.

I swear I inspected the home from hell and the ole gatekeeper was home herself.

You have never seen such a mess. I came home and just didn't know where to begin on the report.

I called the lady buying the home (its a FSBO too) and told her that NO way in he77 would I let a friend or foe of mine buy that home.

The house was so bad that the dogs out front were jumping in front of my truck just trying to get hit and be put out of their misery.

Thing was these sellers was boxing things up like they were moving out soon. I told them to save the boxing for another day.

BARRY ADAIR
06-28-2007, 03:29 PM
Barry,

You should have been with me this morning.

I swear I inspected the home from hell and the ole gatekeeper was home herself.

You have never seen such a mess. I came home and just didn't know where to begin on the report.

I called the lady buying the home (its a FSBO too) and told her that NO way in he77 would I let a friend or foe of mine buy that home.

The house was so bad that the dogs out front were jumping in front of my truck just trying to get hit and be put out of their misery.

Thing was these sellers was boxing things up like they were moving out soon. I told them to save the boxing for another day.

from the sound of it yesterday wouldn't have been soon enough

kinda feelinglike the guy in the shorts are ya

YouTube - Gorilla Gripper "Get A Grip" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwC7zJrzSw8)

courtesy of thom walker