PDA

View Full Version : Look what I found.

Ken Rowe
03-12-2010, 06:53 PM
Look what I found in an attached garage attic today.

I have no idea what it is, but my client was a police detective and told me it wasn't anything illegal.

wayne soper
03-12-2010, 10:46 PM
looks like tobacco

Ken Rowe
03-12-2010, 11:08 PM
It may have been. I smelled it and it smelled like a dead house plant, not tobacco. But, then again, I have no idea what half dried tobacco should smell like. :)

Doug Haglund
03-13-2010, 06:54 AM
Strange, I agree with the tobacco, if you anybody knows the price of tobacco now days. How did you write this up?

David Bell
03-13-2010, 07:00 AM
Looks like broadleaf which is used for cigar wrappers

Ken Rowe
03-13-2010, 09:46 AM
Strange, I agree with the tobacco, if you anybody knows the price of tobacco now days. How did you write this up?

Something like this, "Unknown plant materials found in the garage attic", and the pictures were added to the report. I had my client, the police detective, climb the ladder and look at the leaves in the attic also.

Apparently the sellers were Asian and my client thought the leaves may be some type of religious item or from a "Plant of Life" given to mothers of newborns in the Asian community. I'm just glad that she happened to be a police officer who could tell me it wasn't some type of controlled substance. lol

After I found this we began discussing "grow ops" in homes. She basically stated that a home inspector really would should not be able to identify a flipped house as a previous grow op unless that inspector had previous law enforcement experience or personal grow op experience. I thought that was interesting.

John Ghent
03-13-2010, 02:09 PM
Tobacco. Roll your own cigars.