PDA

View Full Version : Video Camera on a Stick

Stuart Brooks
03-15-2010, 03:34 PM
Does anyone know anything about a company called Eye-Stick www.Eye-Stick.Com (http://www.eye-stick.com/)?

I've received two emails advertising their video camera-on-a-stick. No address, phone number, or anything was provided that can be used to verify the company as a legitimate business. The product looks interesting but I'm not forking over $1200 to a totally unknown company that can't bother to publish its location (address) or contact information except for a web site URL and an email address. The company appears to in Ontario. They do have demo videos on You Tube.

On the order page
"Shipping Information:
Once we receive your order, one of our service representatives will contact you within 24 hours to obtain your preferred shipping method."

Nolan Kienitz
03-15-2010, 06:09 PM
Been commented on in multiple forums at length.

Stuart Brooks
03-16-2010, 05:04 AM
Been commented on in multiple forums at length.

Perhaps you could point to a thread Nolan? A search through the forums turns up my one post. There are a lot of "eye" and "stick" but I didn't see anything about this product.

Ken Rowe
03-16-2010, 07:54 AM
I've received a few emails from them also recently. Honestly, if I ever needed something like this I'd duct tape a camera to a paint pole and set it to timer or video recording before I paid $1200.

David OKeefe
03-16-2010, 08:28 AM
I've received a few emails from them also recently. Honestly, if I ever needed something like this I'd duct tape a camera to a paint pole and set it to timer or video recording before I paid $1200.
Yes, you can make your own for a lot cheaper.

Stuart Brooks
03-16-2010, 10:30 AM
Yes, you can make your own for a lot cheaper.

Yep, I use a camera with self-timer on the end of an extension pole to take pictures of the top of chimneys that can't be reached otherwise. The product's IR mode and Video camera does have uses.The people running this outfit don't know much about marketing. They would be better off going through an established supplier for the inspection industry.

chris mcintyre
03-16-2010, 11:03 AM
Perhaps you could point to a thread Nolan? A search through the forums turns up my one post. There are a lot of "eye" and "stick" but I didn't see anything about this product.

http://www.inspectionnews.net/home_inspection/building-envelope-home-inspection-commercial-inspection/17950-throw-away-your-ladder.html