PDA

View Full Version : Seller says this roof is in good shape

JB Thompson
03-19-2010, 08:21 PM
Seller can't understand why I have an issue with this roof covering. She's never had any issues with it.:)

Billy Stephens
03-19-2010, 08:43 PM
tell her to get a licensed roofer to sign a statement that it is in good condition and you will ammend your report.:)
:eek: Don't Do That!!! :eek:

Ted Menelly
03-19-2010, 08:55 PM
Amend my backside!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Matt Fellman
03-19-2010, 10:58 PM
Everybody's got a valid point here.... seller can't understand? Of course not... she's just a seller not a roofer. She hasn't had any problems? It's possible. I've seen lots of roofs that look like this that for some amazing reason haven't leaked.

All you can do is tell the buyers they are essentially buying a car that has 49,000 miles on 50,000 mile tires. "The roof is at the end of its useful life" - end of story - you have no liability..... feel free to talk more but you're just opening yourself up to a bunch of phone calls and hassle.

Raymond Wand
03-20-2010, 03:40 AM
I would be more concerned what your client thinks and does with your findings.

Jerry Peck
03-20-2010, 12:34 PM
"Seller says this roof is in good shape"

Flat and rectangular is a "shape" and a "flat" and "rectangular" roof is good ... so ... what's the problem? :)

Billy Stephens
03-20-2010, 12:53 PM
no roofer is going to issue such a statement
:D Except For ! :D

JB Thompson
03-20-2010, 02:02 PM
I actually didn't include the photos from the attic showing active leaking or from the ceiling where large stains were present.

She lives in another city and the house has been vacant for three years. Prior to the inspection, she told me the house was in great shape (cube :)). I don't have enough room here to list the problems, but the client lost interest after calculating more than $50,000 in repairs.

Matt - I understand where you're coming from; however, seller is living in an unrealistic world.

Bruce