PDA

View Full Version : water heater of the day

Matt Fellman
04-07-2010, 02:36 PM
I must need to study harder..... I missed the new requirement to put a trap in a water heater vent :)

Michael Thomas
04-07-2010, 02:53 PM
When I notice a client has a guitar or a piano, I always recommend they pump the exhaust of gas appliances into conditioned spaces during the dry winter months to maintain optimum humidity and improve the tone of their instruments... . :eek:

chris mcintyre
04-07-2010, 03:30 PM
I must need to study harder..... I missed the new requirement to put a trap in a water heater vent :)

It's all the rage these days....for dryer vents too!

Frank Bombardiere
04-07-2010, 08:52 PM
Well if that is the water heater vent of the day, I have the vent of the decade here.

Matt Fellman
04-07-2010, 09:28 PM
Well if that is the water heater vent of the day, I have the vent of the decade here.

I think I have to concede :)

The guy that did yours actually had to take the time to fabricate ducting.... my knucklehead just had to stretch out a slinky hose.

Michael Thomas
04-08-2010, 03:42 AM
One of things home inspectors are doing is scoring tests of a certain sort of practical intelligence...

Andy Jarchow
04-08-2010, 04:29 AM
This is perfectly ok. The flue gas has a chance to build speed as it goes down the hill!! LOL ;)
mk

Randy West
04-09-2010, 01:52 AM
How 'bout a runner up for garage installations. They replaced an electric wh with a gas one. What's not shown are the four 90 degree elbows in the attic. In the last photo the pully is slowly grinding a hole in the vent. Seller refused to fix because "it passed city inspection". I know none of you have ever heard that...