Jeff Eastman
07-02-2007, 05:20 PM

Richard Rushing
07-02-2007, 06:40 PM
Like JP says, "you can't write a code for every stupid thing man can do"

RR

wayne soper
07-02-2007, 06:44 PM
If you flip the house over it should cure the problem.

Richard Rushing
07-02-2007, 07:14 PM
I thought I did....
"you can't write a code for every stupid thing man can do"

Actually, you can put a light fixture every 1' apart if that's what you want to do. No code against having too many lights. It's a matter if what is going to be a safety concern for the buyer. S/he are the ones who have to live with bumping their head and/or dodging that sucker every day.

Rich

Jerry Peck
07-02-2007, 07:20 PM
Guys, as much as i love ya , that does not answer my questions.

First, answer the question, then provide the funny editorals.

Jeff,

Yes, they provided your answers, you just have to read what was written. :)

What does this say "Like JP says, "you can't write a code for every stupid thing man can do"?

It says you can't cover every stupid thing in the minimum code - that pretty much answers this question of yours "Any requirements on this?", doesn't it?

Now Wayne's answer "If you flip the house over it should cure the problem.", well ... I thought he was referring to TM. :D (Sorry TM, but saying "ultimate control" for your reason of editing out your posts is just lame. Sounds more like Joe B.)

Richard Rushing
07-02-2007, 08:12 PM
Jerry,

Joe B. admitted on the MB that the 70's were smokin good time with the ganga. Enought of a good time, that it make him forget which album (Pink Floyd'-- The Wall was what was guessed) he was referencing.

I guess that much smoking of the wacky-tobakky will turn the grey matter into brown matter-- the kind of brown that you have to take a dump to have extracate itself.

That's why he removed his posts.... or it sure seams as much.

Exported Richard Rushing

wayne soper
07-03-2007, 05:25 AM
OK OK so if your shoulder or any body part will come in contact with the fixture in any way while trying to get in the home then common sense tells you "move the light" code or no code our reports are based on safety first in this case.
When the wife carrying her child scrapes the childs face when running inside in a rainstorm do you think she will take" there is no code issue here"
So, put it in the report.
Worst case. The broker dosen't call you again. Oh Geeeeeeeee!!!
Like I always say. Brokers are a dime a dozen, we are worth about a quarter.

Jerry Peck
07-03-2007, 05:54 AM
I would tell my clients 'That's a head banger for sure.'

In my reports I would refer to 'the head banger light fixture on the wall near the front entry door'.

TELL THEM

WRITE IT IN THE REPORT

HIT THEM OVER THE HEAD WITH IT ;)

Whatever it takes for them to 'unnerstan' that it's a head banger.

Thom Walker
07-03-2007, 06:06 AM
Walk them outside and demonstrate.:D