PDA

View Full Version : how hot is too hot

wayne soper
04-21-2010, 07:27 PM
check it out, that's hot, 6 year old columbia. hot spot centered at the rear of the unit. exhaust at the other end. sides were at 195.

Ron Bibler
04-21-2010, 08:56 PM
Now that cracks me up:D Look like you got a fire cracker bub...

Good call...

Best

Ron

mike huntzinger
04-21-2010, 09:17 PM
thats what a heat exchanger does, now ive never seen this taught at any schools before, but maybe im jest new?

Vern Heiler
04-22-2010, 04:43 AM
Wayne, was everything else normal? Filters clean, registers open, etc.?

David Bell
04-22-2010, 05:01 AM
I see a condensate pump on the side so I have to believe there is a coil above the furnace. The "hot spot" is just the area of the heat exchanger with the least amount of air across it possibly because of the coil.

wayne soper
04-22-2010, 05:12 PM
Yes, everything was normal, except the blister on my a$$. Service co went by today and said typical of Armstrong unit. Very little space between firebox and rear housing.
Fine, I told him to put it in writing for the new owner and that would be keeping him on staff for the first year to insure he said what he said is what he said is what ever, blahblahblah
Thats the least of the problems with this house.

David Bell
04-22-2010, 05:16 PM
Yes, everything was normal, except the blister on my a$$. Service co went by today and said typical of Armstrong unit. Very little space between firebox and rear housing.
Fine, I told him to put it in writing for the new owner and that would be keeping him on staff for the first year to insure he said what he said is what he said is what ever, blahblahblah
Thats the least of the problems with this house.

Little cranky Wayne ? Hope your not retaining water.