PDA

View Full Version : I have no choice but to ask.

chris mcintyre
04-25-2010, 07:10 PM
OK, when you use the same quote from someone multiple times in a reply, how do you get their name to show up in each quote.

I have tried everything (except what works), I did not want to ask but I can not figure it out.:o

Jerry Peck
04-25-2010, 07:42 PM
OK, when you use the same quote from someone multiple times in a reply, how do you get their name to show up in each quote.

I have tried everything (except what works), I did not want to ask but I can not figure it out.:o

You mean like that? :)

When you type the [ / quote ] to end the previous quote, then the [ quote ] to begin the next quote, just type in [ quote = chris mcintyre] ... leaving out the extra spaces, of course. ;)

chris mcintyre
04-25-2010, 08:28 PM

When you type the [ / quote ] to end the previous quote, then the [ quote ] to begin the next quote, just type in [ quote = chris mcintyre] ... leaving out the extra spaces, of course. ;)

leaving out the extra spaces, of course. ;)

Is this it?

Edit:
I'll be darned, Thanks Jerry, that was a lot easier than the 100 other ways I wasted my time trying!

Bruce Breedlove
04-25-2010, 10:14 PM
Another way is to copy the entire quote to your clipboard. (Ctrl-A and Ctrl-C is one way. Another way is to drag your cursor over the entire quote to highlight it and press Ctrl-C. Still another way is to click Edir and Select All then Edit and Copy. Or you can use any combination of the above.)

Next edit the quote by deleting those portions not needed.

Next paste the quote from your clipboard. (Ctrl-V, Edit and Paste, etc.) Again edit the quote leaving only those portions you wish to remain.

chris mcintyre
04-26-2010, 04:00 PM
Another way is to copy the entire quote to your clipboard. (Ctrl-A and Ctrl-C is one way. Another way is to drag your cursor over the entire quote to highlight it and press Ctrl-C. Still another way is to click Edir and Select All then Edit and Copy. Or you can use any combination of the above.)

Next edit the quote by deleting those portions not

Next paste the quote from your clipboard. (Ctrl-V, Edit and Paste, etc.) Again edit the quote leaving only those portions you wish to remain.

Testing...

Edit:
I'll be darned again.:-)

Billy Stephens
04-26-2010, 05:02 PM

to end the previous quote, then the [ quote ] to begin the next quote, just type in [ quote = chris mcintyre] ... leaving out the extra spaces, of course. ;)
Or You can not type in the name just the Symbols ( if You don't want Their Name in each box.

John Kogel
05-10-2010, 10:02 AM

Or You can not type in the name just the Symbols ( if You don't want Their Name in each box.
.Or..... you can highlight the part between the [ and ] , Copy and Paste. Saves typing. :)