PDA

View Full Version : It's pouring out

wayne soper
04-26-2010, 03:05 PM
Poked the frame and sill though the damaged drywall with my trusty prod and this dirt just poured out. I've seen dirt here befor but not this dry and not so much and almost sandy.
I,m thinking ant hill. Mud tubes would show up as tubes even if they had fallen down. And no Termite damage above.
Any ideas?

James Duffin
04-26-2010, 04:06 PM
Might be vermiculite....another type loose block insulation. It runs out like sand.

James Duffin
04-26-2010, 04:29 PM
Never knew a brand name.....just always called it vermiculite. Thanks for the heads up!

chris mcintyre
04-26-2010, 04:46 PM
Poked the frame and sill though the damaged drywall with my trusty prod and this dirt just poured out. I've seen dirt here befor but not this dry and not so much and almost sandy.
I,m thinking ant hill. Mud tubes would show up as tubes even if they had fallen down. And no Termite damage above.
Any ideas?

Wayne,
I would say that either way it needs to be treated and the framing replaced. If it's termites the reason is obvious, and anytime we find an "ant hill" in the wall the framing always has damage from moisture.
Unless the header runs continuosly across both garage doors, which it probably does not, then that small section of wall is carrying the load of the two headers and everything above it.

wayne soper
04-26-2010, 05:31 PM
good call on the Zonolite but appears to fine too be that, although it will go in as a possibility and need for testing.
Definately not vermickulite( was that made by the Irish)?

Billy Stephens
04-26-2010, 05:50 PM

Definitelynot vermickulite( was that made by the Irish)?
Germans.
* maybe Bavaria ( after a 2 WeeeeK Beer Feast. )
** Irish Single Malt Whiskey. ;)

Brandon Whitmore
04-26-2010, 06:29 PM
Wayne,

Do you guys have moisture ants out there?

Jerry Peck
04-26-2010, 06:45 PM
Dry wood termites?

If so, that is A LOT of frass, and I mean A LOT!

wayne soper
04-26-2010, 07:51 PM
don't have DWT's up here but then again with all the illegals coming over the border thay might be coming up on the soles of their shoes. Or in those big bags of green weeds mabey,BILLY?;)

T-T-T-Termites!!!!!???? - The Weed Forums Community | Powered by Cannabis (http://weed-forums.com/hospital/2459-t-t-t-termites.html)

DUDE!! UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHH?
I can't believe it, I searched "cannibis drywood termites", what a laugh

Billy Stephens
04-26-2010, 08:23 PM
in those big bags of green weeds mabey,BILLY?;)

T-T-T-Termites!!!!!???? - The Weed Forums Community | Powered by Cannabis (http://weed-forums.com/hospital/2459-t-t-t-termites.html)

DUDE!! UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHH?
I can't believe it, I searched "cannibis drywood termites", what a laugh
As If ! :D