PDA

View Full Version : One of the more interesting things I have seen

Gene South
05-06-2010, 06:53 PM
Inspecting a Texas farm house built in 1925......Just needs a little fixin up....

John Kogel
05-07-2010, 04:31 PM
That looks like a mid-20's Model T. Chances are, it hauled the lumber for the new house. :)

Ron Bibler
05-07-2010, 05:04 PM
Thanks fore posting that Gene... Very cool...

Best

Ron

chris mcintyre
05-07-2010, 06:41 PM
Great pictures Gene! I have set the second pic as my desktop background.........is that OK :o ?

Gene South
05-07-2010, 09:06 PM
Chris, Glad you liked them. Email me at gene.south@tx.rr.com and I will email you the high resolution version so you can have a much better and clearer pic than the one on the board.

Gene

John Kogel
05-09-2010, 08:00 AM
This one was obviously garage-kept for most of its life. Unfortunately, after the owner passed on, someone thought it would make a cool lawn ornament. She had already been outside for over a year when I did this inspection. :confused:

There's a happy ending. About a week after this inspection, I saw her going by on a trailer. Somebody scored a project.

Gene South
05-09-2010, 07:01 PM
Hey John I am not an expert but I think that is a newer model, I think it may have been called a "Model A", the model that came after the Model T.

John Kogel
05-13-2010, 11:24 AM
Hey John I am not an expert but I think that is a newer model, I think it may have been called a "Model A", the model that came after the Model T.It is a Model T, one of a bunch of different body styles. Your truck cab is kind of rare.
The Model A came out in 1928 with a redesigned grille that has a little widow's peak, and wire spoke wheels, I think, although wire spokes may have been an option on the T as well. That is a big reason for keeping the Model T under cover, to keep the wheels and body framework from rotting. :)

Yours had better luck being down in sunny Texas. Looks like the rubber rotted away but the oak spokes are surviving. :)