PDA

View Full Version : I hate Home Inspectors & I R 1

Tony Mount
05-12-2010, 07:10 AM
My son sold his house and It was inspected Monday. The Home inspector called out stuff that pisses me off. 1. He called out the water heater had no pan under it in the garage.
2. he said the toilet was defective because you had to hold the handle down too long.
3. there were 3 nails sticking through the roof, and he recommended the roof be replaced.
4. he looked at the water meter and said the spinner was moving which indicated a leak, recommended a plumber check for leaks.
5. he said the ac drip line coming out of the gable end next to the garage , had to be moved away from the house.
6. he recommended that the popcorn ceilings be checked for asbestos.
7. he recommended that the house be checked for lead paint due to is age.
Now, If the system is performing its function it is NOT defective.( toilet ), pans are NOT required in a garage, the roof was repaired by a roofer which left a statement the it was satisfactory. My daughter-in -law was washing clothes during the inspection and called the inspector, and he admitted that could have caused the spinning meter but, refused to write a addendum to his report. The ac drip line was over the side walk and was running away from the house, and lastly there is a BIG difference between ( may what to have the ceilings and paint checked ) and ( RECOMMEND the ceilings be checked ) To me recommending something to be repaired or evaluated is a DEFECT. MAY want to have something looked at is another inspection at your discretion. We have got to get together on this kind of crap so the home owners don't have too prove what the inspectors are afraid to call out as a defect. I' am getting off my soap box now, and heading to Lowe's to get stuff to repair the " DEFECTS" at my son's house.

Ron Bibler
05-12-2010, 07:29 AM
Sounds like word games:D

Best

Ron

Markus Keller
05-12-2010, 08:50 AM
Why are you getting so pissed off? Did you do a pre-sale and not find those same defects and now look bad?:D
A few of the items sound reasonable, a few sound rather BS. We all use a different set of eyes and experience.
Relax and be happy he didn't catch the rusted out heat exchanger and ungrounded electrical panel.:D

Scott Patterson
05-12-2010, 09:12 AM
Sounds like the buyer had a pretty good home inspection. A few of the things mentioned sound like recommendations to limit the inspectors liability, not a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

The funny thing about a home inspection is that it is the owners option not to do anything they don't want. The buyer then can decide if they want to keep looking or settle for no repairs, a few or all of the repairs.

Heck, I got called on the carpet for saying the screws were missing from several exterior door hinges the other day! Picky? No, because we all know that if a hinge has a place for a screw then it should have a screw in it!

Ron Bibler
05-12-2010, 12:09 PM
Heck, I got called on the carpet for saying the screws were missing from several exterior door hinges the other day! Picky? No, because we all know that if a hinge has a place for a screw then it should have a screw in it!

So you got a screw loose Scott:D

Best

Ron

mathew stouffer
05-12-2010, 12:19 PM
Scott,
I see that all the time, it is annoying:) The four holes in the hinges are there for looks. Plus what is I R 1

Dan Harris
05-12-2010, 12:20 PM
Tony... Are you going to tell your son going to use that inspector on his new house, so you don't have to correct those items again if his inspector does not disclose them on his new home ? :)

Dan Harris
05-12-2010, 12:38 PM
Scott,
Plus what is I R 1

It took me a while to figure that out. I believe it means Tony is a Home Inspector. :)

John Arnold
05-12-2010, 12:38 PM
S...Plus what is I R 1

Took me a minute, too. I believe Mr. Mount is trying to point out the irony that "he hates home inspectors" even though he is one ( I are one).

Dom D'Agostino
05-12-2010, 12:42 PM
Mr. Mount is trying to point out the irony that "he hates home inspectors" even though he is one ( I are one).

Oh, He is something, that is for sure. Only time will tell...

mathew stouffer
05-12-2010, 12:46 PM
Oh I see now I R 1. Like I hate blonds but I R 1:p

Rick Hurst
05-12-2010, 03:05 PM
And you tell him I'm coming back on Monday to re-inspect and all that crap better be done or I'm recommending a dozier to my client. :D

rick

Jerry Peck
05-12-2010, 05:14 PM
It took me a while to figure that out. I believe it means Tony is a Home Inspector. :)

Tony only pretends to be a home inspector. He is really a real estate agents little helper. :D

'Aw, shucks, ma'am, that's just a little old hole in the roof, it ain't no bigger than my fist, there is nothing wrong with that.'

Ken Rowe
05-12-2010, 08:20 PM
Wow. If you're a home inspector maybe you should have at least done a walk through on your son's house and let him know about some of these issues before the inspection took place.

Make sure you tell your son not to bother with a home inspection on his new house and don't do one for him. He doesn't need to be bothered with these little problems like holes in the roof, asbestos or lead paint.