PDA

View Full Version : New Inspector needs advice on HI Software

Brian T Bennett
05-12-2010, 02:00 PM
Hello gentlemen (and ladies where applicable)
First posting bear with me.

I just passed the CT state HI exams and am starting out on my own.:eek:

I have been reading along here and know there are many smart guys out there who share some great advice. I could use a little at present.

I am looking to purchase home inspection sofware, but I dont want anything too complicated as I will be stuck with what ever I purchase for a long time.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks in advance!

Bob Garza
05-12-2010, 02:03 PM
I've been using Home Gauge for five years now.

I just recently purchased my own license from them.

Very easy to use and the staff is great.

Good luck.

Dom D'Agostino
05-12-2010, 08:04 PM
You can get samples or fully functional software for evaluation from all the major vendors (and there are only a handful).

Try the bunch of them out and remember you'll be using it for a long time, so invest wisely.

Dom.

David McGuire
05-13-2010, 10:40 AM
I use 3D Elite and like it a lot. It sure prints out a very nice detailed report. Easy to update and add to, import pictures, invoicing and more.

Chris Guido
05-14-2010, 07:19 AM
I use Whisper Reporter. I have tried 3 different softwares and this is the one I like best. You can get a free 30 day trail. Hope this helps... I have been using it for 3 years now and the support is great.

Bill Anglin
05-14-2010, 01:39 PM
I started using Inspect Now and hated it. It took for ever to do the reports, Difficult to modify and the tech support was poor. I recently switched to Home Gauge and could'nt be happier. They have a very good program. Check it out

Reggie Russell
05-14-2010, 02:20 PM
I echo Bill on the Inspect Now software. Stay far away from it. Very far away. Unfortunately for me. I can't afford to spend $700 to $1,000 on another inspection program, so I have made my own template using Word. It takes longer to do reports this way, but right now it is the best I can do. Using Inspect Now again is not an option. It is that bad. The inspection school I went to promoted it, that is the only reason I bought it. I didn't know any better at the time. Live and learn.