PDA

View Full Version : inspection software

PPSLLC
06-07-2010, 07:03 AM
Hi All,
I am a remodeling contractor in CT currently studying to become a Home Inspector. I would like to get opinions on inspection software and platform preferences, ie: pda, tablet pc, clipboard, etc.
Thanks for the help.

Roger

Scott Patterson
06-07-2010, 07:11 AM
Hi All,
I am a remodeling contractor in CT currently studying to become a Home Inspector. I would like to get opinions on inspection software and platform preferences, ie: pda, tablet pc, clipboard, etc.
Thanks for the help.

Roger

HI Roger,

Try doing a search on this site for this topic. It is a very common question that pops up about once a month. You should find tons of information that will help you.

wayne soper
06-07-2010, 07:14 AM
Homegauge, download free trial and inspect your families houses. More per year but great service and free upgrades.
I record and take pics on site and finish report at home. You must finish all reports the same day or you will be dead in the water.
Typical day is 7 am to 10 pm. If you think you can have a normal life while catering to homebuyers and brokers you are sadly mistaken.
This is a difficult job to do well.
And like contracting.
If you can't do it right the first time, don't bother
sorry that was my 3 cents:D

PPSLLC
06-07-2010, 08:27 AM
Thanks for the replies, I have found this topic covered extensively in the forums. Wayne, I couldn't agree more.

Roger