PDA

View Full Version : Hits like a heavy weight!

Vern Heiler
06-27-2010, 05:47 AM
Just a reminder to stay alert and be safe...

I located this chandelier in a vacant house with my head. Turned around to get a pic of the doors and one of the metal leaves caught me just above the left eye. The good news is, it was easy to mop up the blood from the hardwood floor! I've bumped these before but this one weighed like it was made of cast iron.

Rick Hurst
06-27-2010, 07:21 AM
Glad your ok.

I do hope you wrote up that wall and drapes as hideous.:D

Jerry Peck
06-27-2010, 01:26 PM
I went to the hardware store and bought me a couple of large carabiners which I then use to raise the lights out of the way by shortening the chain.

'S' hooks are much less expensive and work just as well. :D

Vern Heiler
06-27-2010, 02:10 PM
They are not as cool and will slip.;)

Bolt cutters would have been much quicker and more gratifying!!!

Jerry Peck
06-27-2010, 04:02 PM
They are not as cool and will slip.;)

Maybe they will slip when climbing a mountain, but ... :p ... they will not slip when hanging a light fixture chain on them.

I must agree, though, that 'S' hooks are not as cool. :D

Bob Elliott
06-27-2010, 08:49 PM
I just bring a Dining Room table with, and center it underneath during the inspection.;)

Jim Luttrall
06-28-2010, 12:08 PM
I just "found one" this morning, not that I was looking for it. No blood though. I typically turn the light on when I first walk in to draw my attention but the bulb was burned out and I backed into it today. I should have parked my step ladder under it.

Vern Heiler
06-28-2010, 05:41 PM
I just "found one" this morning, not that I was looking for it. No blood though. I typically turn the light on when I first walk in to draw my attention but the bulb was burned out and I backed into it today. I should have parked my step ladder under it.

I'm still leaning towards the bolt cutters:D (When I took off the bandaids the realtor put on, I found the cut to be just over 1/2" long.)

Joao Vieira
06-28-2010, 05:51 PM
http://www.compassapparel.com/Images/hard_hat.JPG

John Kogel
06-28-2010, 07:23 PM
http://www.compassapparel.com/Images/hard_hat.JPGGood one! Hang the helmet on the light. :cool:
I tried wearing one of those protectors once, but it just made me walk bowlegged. :)

Vern, hope the stitches come out soon. I hate walking around for a week with a scab on my forehead. Sounds like yours will be around for a month or so. Ouch!

biglebowski
06-30-2010, 07:28 PM
ive banged my head on at least 3 in my first two years...luckily im only 5'8" and most hit the top of my head and not my eyes. sorry dude

Joao Vieira
07-02-2010, 02:40 AM
I kind of hate using a hard hat but it is required on construction sites and has saved me big headaches :p even when was not required