PDA

View Full Version : Former Eagle Randall Cunningham's 2-year-old son found floating in hot tub

Brian Hannigan
07-01-2010, 10:14 AM
Very sad.

I first learned of this from a friend who lives a few houses down from the Cunningham's.

Cunningham's universe was shattered late Tuesday afternoon when his youngest son accidentally drowned in the family's back-yard hot tub

Former Eagle Randall Cunningham's 2-year-old son found floating in hot tub | Philadelphia Daily News | 07/01/2010 (http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/hotbutton/20100701_Tragic_death_of__church_s_child___Former_ Eagle_Randall_Cunningham_s_2-year-old_son_found_floating_in_hot_tub.html?cmpid=44065 997)

Nick Ostrowski
07-01-2010, 11:07 AM
Absolutley horrible.

And I don't see how a 2 year old is allowed to be out of view an adults' view around a pool.

Glenn Curtis
08-17-2010, 09:35 AM
Absolutley horrible.

And I don't see how a 2 year old is allowed to be out of view an adults' view around a pool.

You'd think it couldn't get any worse than that....but it does. The Nevada Real Estate Division holds a hearing tomorrow to try and make pool/spa inspections a 'prohibited act' for Certified Home Inspectors. Here's the edited text of the proposed change:

Sec. 9. NAC 645D.470 is hereby amended to read as follows:
645D.470 A certified inspector shall not, while making an inspection:
1. Offer to perform or perform any act or service that is unlawful.
2. Offer warranties or guaranties of any kind.
3. Offer to perform or perform any job function for which he does not have a license,
including, [but not limited to,] without limitation, the services of an engineer, architect, plumber
or electrician.
4. Offer to perform or perform an inspection of a pool or spa.

We went through this same battle with them 2 years ago and they backed down. Now it's back on the table and I have this sinking feeling that we'll win the battle tomorrow...but still loose the war when they go ahead and enact the reg-change unilaterally anyway.

We quizzed them 2 years ago, 'why' they wanted to outlaw pool/spa inspections and they would not give us an answer. I guess we'll see where it goes tomorrow.

How many dead-children do we have to endure before someone 'up-there' gets 'it'.??? I see mothers crying on TV over their dead children and they always say the same thing.... '...if I'd only have known.' Our elected govt. reps are totally out-of-control and out-of-touch. :mad: