PDA

View Full Version : Looks good from the outside

John Kogel
07-03-2010, 07:55 PM
Looks good inside too. This 2006 Hardiplank hacienda has good enough soffit ventilation, so the roofers just put the vents up there for show. :)

I asked for some holes to go with the vents, why not, eh? :)

Rick Hurst
07-03-2010, 08:58 PM
Those are decorative roof vents. ;)

Michael Thomas
07-03-2010, 09:38 PM
What's with the projectile regurgitation from the roof jack at left?

John Kogel
07-04-2010, 12:04 PM
What's with the projectile regurgitation from the roof jack at left?Lint from the dryer (with a lint trap that's been ignored for 4 years). :)

John Kogel
07-04-2010, 12:06 PM
Those are decorative roof vents. ;)They did the trick. I imagine the roofer got his check from the builder and all was well. :)

Jason Rockler
07-04-2010, 03:59 PM
This is the funniest thing I've seen in a while. Just wait until some poor repairman / roofing installer comes along and spends an hour trying to either work around them or simply figure out the logic behind them.

Egbert Jager
07-05-2010, 12:09 PM
Lint from the dryer (with a lint trap that's been ignored for 4 years). :)

How long was that dryer vent? Obviously the dryer was pushing enough air to puke lint, but I have never seen a roof jack dryer vent here on the prairies. Could be that the many months of freezing attic temperatures and possible condensation issues are a part of the reason.

Jerry Peck
07-05-2010, 01:25 PM
How long was that dryer vent? Obviously the dryer was pushing enough air to puke lint, but I have never seen a roof jack dryer vent here on the prairies. Could be that the many months of freezing attic temperatures and possible condensation issues are a part of the reason.

I was wondering something else, but along those same lines (sort of) ...

What is the snow depth there?

Wouldn't the snow depth block not only the dryer vent on the roof but also the other exhaust fan vents?