PDA

View Full Version : Commercial Laminate Floors

Terry Fitzgerald
07-23-2010, 05:15 AM
Hi Guys. Looking for comments on your experience with commercial grade AC-4 rated laminate floors. Do they seem to be holding up in a retail store environment?

Scott Patterson
07-23-2010, 07:26 AM
Hi Guys. Looking for comments on your experience with commercial grade AC-4 rated laminate floors. Do they seem to be holding up in a retail store environment?

I can't say that I have been called to look at any flooring issues relating to the grade of the floor. I do know that AC-4 is rated for light commercial traffic like in an office or limited retail foot traffic. AC-5 is what is used in most retail environments like a department or grocery store.

Elliot Franson
07-23-2010, 10:59 AM
I would think that 4 is for light retail and not department, grocery or big box stores.

Terry Fitzgerald
07-23-2010, 11:21 AM
Thanks guys. You are right, of course, about the ac-5 rating. Since ac-4 is more available to me, I was curious if anyone knew if it would hold up. An architect said it would be fine, but I have my doubts.

Jerry Peck
07-25-2010, 04:39 PM
Thanks guys. You are right, of course, about the ac-5 rating. Since ac-4 is more available to me, I was curious if anyone knew if it would hold up. An architect said it would be fine, but I have my doubts.

Go with your instincts, ... unless (of course) the architects personally signs a warranty bond stating that the flooring will be replaced at no cost to you should it not provide the stated durability ... :)

... I think the architect will have a change of heart and go with what the industry rating says ... :D