PDA

View Full Version : Good things are still happening

Rick Hurst
07-23-2010, 11:40 AM
Just got news that my nephew who does animation work here in Dallas just landed a great job with Pixar_Canada.:D He'll be moving to Vancouver in mid-August.

How cool is that?

rick

Ted Menelly
07-23-2010, 11:42 AM
Awesome. I want to go. Any extra rooms? :D

H.G. Watson, Sr.
07-23-2010, 11:43 AM
Even in the worst of times during the Great Depression, there was money to be made in the entertainment of and advertising to the masses. More production/jobs/etc. being sourced off-shore and extra-boarder. Sigh. Free-trade, no tarrifs/enforcement, no "stimulus" actual work projects, all being "privatized". House of cards economic policies, we're doomed. Exciting personal opportunity for yours though, cool for you/him.

John Kogel
07-23-2010, 12:14 PM
Just got news that my nephew who does animation work here in Dallas just landed a great job with Pixar_Canada.:D He'll be moving to Vancouver in mid-August.

How cool is that?

rickHow cool? About 72 degrees F today. That'll feel pretty cool to a Texan, I would guess. :D Congrats to your nephew!

Elliot Franson
07-23-2010, 02:00 PM

How cool is that?

rick

Mr. Hurst: Vancouver is very cool, especially compared with North Texas.

Glenn Duxbury
07-29-2010, 12:16 PM
Hi, ALL &

Yes - indeed - Congrats to your nephew &

C'mon on up here - all are welcome to experience the Vancouver area & all that comes with it (competition aside) !

CHEERS !

Joe Klampfer
08-08-2010, 06:37 PM
How cool is that?

rick

That is really cool... now you'll have a reason to come up here :)

Mitchell Toelle
08-09-2010, 10:35 AM
Rick,

We will be watching for his name to appear in the credits of the next Pixar production. Ah...wouldn't we all love to be doing what we really love...oops...I already love what I'm doing.