PDA

View Full Version : Vent clearance to condenser

Marc M
08-02-2010, 03:34 PM
Lots of fireplace issues lately. I looked this model up and there was no clearance to anything but gas meters, windows, walls etc... Maybe this is okay? Conventional wisdom tells me this is probably not correct. Any suggestions?

Billy Stephens
08-02-2010, 04:35 PM

Any suggestions?
Typical Manufactures Installation Instructions for outside condenser ( check your model) is minimum 12 inches from the wall , 36 if it's the access panel side & cannot be under a water runoff.

Move the condenser Not Installed per Manufactures Installation Instructions.

James Duffin
08-02-2010, 04:57 PM
I would also check the clearances for the condensing unit. If that is corrected you may solve the problem with the fireplace vent too.

Marc M
08-02-2010, 05:47 PM
Now I feel stupid...thanks

Ted Menelly
08-02-2010, 06:43 PM
A whole new meaning to power vent for a fireplace. Turn the AC on and suck the flames out the vent :)

James Duffin
08-02-2010, 07:00 PM
Now I feel stupid...thanks

It's nice to have a vice president of the club! :)

Marc M
08-02-2010, 07:20 PM
I dont know even want to know why i didn't think of that. It's kinda like misspelling "the". Must be the age catching up to me, I just hit the half-way mark this month...the big 40.

James Duffin
08-02-2010, 07:43 PM
You have just entered the "Twilight Zone" (the ones in color of course). I am a member of the black and white "Twilight Zone".

Andy Jarchow
08-03-2010, 06:34 AM
I dont know even want to know why i didn't think of that. It's kinda like misspelling "the". Must be the age catching up to me, I just hit the half-way mark this month...the big 40.

I feel your pain!! :D

Happy B-day

mk

H.G. Watson, Sr.
08-03-2010, 08:17 AM
Obstructions, partitions, alcoves, projections.Also, what's in the center? A large FAN. What is the side facing? an inlet for same.Clearance from mechanical vent air intake.Clearances from all other objects - heat, etc. Check your codes, which the mfg instructions also refer to. Needs to be able to intake combustion air as well as exhaust corrosive, etc. nearby surfaces.