PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on software

Lee Peterson
08-02-2010, 05:55 PM
Hello I am just getting started and have plenty of things to learn.
I have looked at many sites for report software and would like to find
something that does everything I need to be professional and yet simple,
not overly complicated and as affordable as possible.
Thank you for reading this hopefully you can help.

Lee

Ted Menelly
08-02-2010, 06:40 PM
Hello I am just getting started and have plenty of things to learn.
I have looked at many sites for report software and would like to find
something that does everything I need to be professional and yet simple,
not overly complicated and as affordable as possible.
Thank you for reading this hopefully you can help.

Lee

Many reporting systems are able to make templates to set your report up as you wish. Most are very easy to do so. There are some that require you pay them a monthly fee for this or that but in my opinion non of that stuff is necessary. Some like the fact that you can put the report on line, then offer the client a password to open it, don load it and print it out if he or she wants.

Me, I like to complete my report and send it in an email to my client. I do not need the online storage as I save all my reports anyway. The monthly fee....just another unneeded monthly expense.

I use whisper but have heard of others that are similar. If you look at the whisper site you can down load a sample as you can with other reporting software. Keep in mind that with whisper you do not have to make you template look anything like the one on line. Texas has a particular format that is required. Many or should say, ost states, do not have a particular format. In Texas we must use a narrative but we can have check lists on it if we wish but cannot take over the narrative report.

There are companies with reporting software on this site that advertise here. Check them out as well. What it all comes down to is what you become comfortable with. Sadly you will not know that until after you have been doing it for a while.