PDA

View Full Version : Air Sampling Pump

mathew stouffer
08-04-2010, 06:30 AM
Anyone testing for mold these days. I finally had to break down and buy a pump. What are some good ones you have used?

CHARLIE VAN FLEET
08-04-2010, 06:52 AM
I USE zefon international--from pro labs--and the z-5 samplers

cvf

mathew stouffer
08-04-2010, 09:35 AM
Thanks. How do you structure costs.

CaoimhĂ­n P. Connell
08-08-2010, 07:30 AM
Hello Matt-

The pump is far less important than the process. One could use the finest equipment on the market, and still produce junk data.

Performing valid air monitoring for mould typically costs somewhere on the order of $1,500 to $2,500 and those results are good ONLY for that one day during which the samples were collected.

The costs necessary for performing valid indoor airborne assessments for moulds is just one of the many reasons that such monitoring is virtually never done by legitimate experts in mould and human exposures, and is, at the moment, almost the exclusive prevue of the flim-flam man,

Cheers!
CaoimhĂ*n P. Connell
Forensic Industrial Hygienist
Forensic Applications Consulting Technologies, Inc. - Home (http://www.forensic-applications.com)

(The opinions expressed here are exclusively my personal opinions and do not necessarily reflect my professional opinion, opinion of my employer, agency, peers, or professional affiliates. The above post is for information only and does not reflect professional advice and is not intended to supercede the professional advice of others.)

AMDG