PDA

View Full Version : Stone Age Foundation

John Kogel
08-16-2010, 09:43 PM
"With his uncanny ability to balance logs on rocks, Cleetus soon became a valuable member of the building crew."
Funny, like a Gary Larson cartoon. :)

Rick Hurst
08-16-2010, 09:46 PM
Yabba Dabba Do...........

Philip
08-16-2010, 09:56 PM
I see no sway in the beams the rocks are supporting so they seem to be doing the job they were intended. If stones, lets be politically correct, are not excellent building materials we would still be living in twig huts and caves, wait, caves were essentially stone houses. Curious to what you put in your report.:)

John Kogel
08-17-2010, 07:16 AM
Curious to what you put in your report.1. Fix the leak and lay down a poly vapour barrier.

2. Hope for the best. No earthquakes, no dinosaur attacks. :)

chris mcintyre
08-17-2010, 06:15 PM
Sticks and stones may break your bones................but the again it might hold for 100 years.:)

wayne soper
08-17-2010, 06:34 PM
I think you should have showed the broker where the bathroom was.

Funny, to set a nice joist system on top of the tree that fell behind the house.

BC rules!!!:D That'll work eh?

Tim Spargo
08-17-2010, 09:50 PM
I improved your pic...

"Typical girder failure, due to stacked rock piers without benefit of Simpson Stone and Rock Clips"... not that unusual.

Matt Fellman
08-17-2010, 11:21 PM
2. Hope for the best. No earthquakes, no dinosaur attacks. :)

And no fat relatives moving quickly from side to side....

I've done a bunch of cabins/shacks at nearby Mount Hood and they're pretty much all built like that. Honestly, a failure that would bring it down is the least of your worries. Realistically, the floors will cave in from all the wood beetle damage first.