PDA

View Full Version : You can't hide dumb with pretty!

Vern Heiler
10-07-2010, 07:56 AM
Picture hanging on the tub/shower wall. Not water proofed in any way. Would you test the shower? Would you say anything, other than shower not tested, in the report?

Rick Hurst
10-07-2010, 08:32 AM
Yes I would. I am required to test the shower head.:D

Hope you looked to see what may be hiding behind that picture.

rick

Vern Heiler
10-07-2010, 09:05 AM
Yes I would. I am required to test the shower head.:D

Hope you looked to see what may be hiding behind that picture.

rick

Heck no I didn't even touch it! God only knows how it is hung, and he ain't telling. (and that's about how I'm going to report it!)

Egbert Jager
10-07-2010, 09:06 AM
I'd be curious to see what sorts of holes they made in order to hang that!

Vern Heiler
10-07-2010, 09:07 AM
I'd be curious to see what sorts of holes they made in order to hang that!
Curious enough to have it crash into the tub?

Bruce King
10-07-2010, 10:39 AM
Picture hanging on the tub/shower wall. Not water proofed in any way. Would you test the shower? Would you say anything, other than shower not tested, in the report?

I always do two things, list the item as not inspected AND a summary item stating that it needs to be inspected.

I would not have touched it either.
We will see more of this sort of thing as people learn to try and hide issues from us. It was probably there to draw your attention away from the visible crack in the tub base.

Nick Ostrowski
10-07-2010, 12:16 PM
I would have recommended the glass be upgraded to tempered safety glass. ;)

Jim Luttrall
10-07-2010, 12:16 PM
I always do two things, list the item as not inspected AND a summary item stating that it needs to be inspected.

I would not have touched it either.
We will see more of this sort of thing as people learn to try and hide issues from us. It was probably there to draw your attention away from the visible crack in the tub base.

How many times have you seen a picture covering an electrical panel? :eek:

I would have to peek behind the picture... I know curiosity killed the cat, but there is no way "I" could avoid the temptation.

John Kogel
10-07-2010, 01:39 PM
1.To test the shower head, go find a bucket.
2. Use your camera to peek behind things.

Nick is correct, that needs to be tempered glass and the label must not be removed. :)

Jerry Peck
10-07-2010, 02:22 PM
The tile on the shower walls does not extend high enough.;)

The tile (the waterproof covering, tile in this case) needs to extend to at least the height of the shower arm from the wall.

H.G. Watson, Sr.
10-07-2010, 02:27 PM
I would have recommended the glass be upgraded to tempered safety glass. ;)

You devil:p ! Doesn't appear to be a fixture or afixed, therefore, N/A.:D

Was there saran wrap on the toilet bowl topped with river stones? river stones in the sink too? Inquiring minds want to know how extreme the stupidity of the staging went!

How about that no-hitter last night?

H.G. Watson, Sr.
10-07-2010, 02:37 PM

The tile (the waterproof covering, tile in this case) needs to extend to at least the height of the shower arm from the wall.

No it doesn't need to do any such thiing. Nothing a longer shower neck/arm couldn't cure. height from drain good enough, note low ceiling, and BTW doesn't look like tile, looks like faux finish/printed plasticized surround panels.

Jerry Peck
10-07-2010, 02:53 PM

No it doesn't need to do any such thiing.

You are correct.

I have not checked on this for some time, the old codes used to require the shower walls to be such to a height of 6 feet above the shower floor or the shower arm, which ever was higher; the newer codes, though, have dropper the shower arm or higher and just require to a height of 6 feet above the shower floor.