PDA

View Full Version : Old Block

Tom Rees
10-09-2010, 03:12 PM
I inspected a 1941 house today. The structure was an old block material that they then put brick on the outside of. It was light colored tan, and browns. It is hollow with a couple of sections inside. I've seen it before used to build old fences that they put stucco over. I'm sorry but I don't have a picture. I tried searching but could not find an example. Does anyone know the name of this material. Thanks!

Billy Stephens
10-09-2010, 03:26 PM
I inspected a 1941 house today. The structure was an old block material that they then put brick on the outside of. It was light colored tan, and browns. It is hollow with a couple of sections inside. I've seen it before used to build old fences that they put stucco over. I'm sorry but I don't have a picture. I tried searching but could not find an example. Does anyone know the name of this material. Thanks!

James Duffin
10-09-2010, 03:33 PM
I would guess they are Terra cotta brick. Here is the only picture I could find.

Tom Rees
10-09-2010, 03:50 PM
Thanks James, That is exactly what they are. I was going to say they look like terra cotta. They seem kind of light for a structural material but I see them here all the time.